Anyone know how to fix 304 errors?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
waynethetodd

Anyone know how to fix 304 errors?

Post by waynethetodd »

Been getting 304 errors on the html files of my websites. Does anyone know how to fix these? They apparently aren't true errors but google kicks you off adwords anyways.
jerryco

Re: Anyone know how to fix 304 errors?

Post by jerryco »

Not an expert but have you set any caching meta tags on your pages?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd »

i dont believe so, ill look into it though.

anything i should know about it?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You should note that this is not a issue with the software but related to the browser cache. A 304 isn't actually a error it indicates a redirection of sorts which could indicate malware infection. As suggested try clearing your browsers cache run CCleaner and Malwarebytes and any other AV software installed.

I also think this is related to your previous issues you had and why Google adwords is kicking you so often as it is all related to Malware or Virus infection which only you can fix.
waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd »

Yeah we've been finding a lot of files we didnt add. The malware is pretty rampant right now it feels like.

We found a slice of code that contains of malicious links that we couldnt find before. Does this look like malicious code to anyone else? It was a network response to a png file nonetheless!

<html>

<head>
<title>404 Error - Page Not Found</title>
<style>
#ad_frame{ height:800px; width:100%; }
body{ margin:0; border: 0; padding: 0; }
</style>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
var url = 'http://www.iyfipgun.com/?dn='
+ document.domain + '&pid=9POL6F2H4';

$(document).ready(function() {
$('#ad_frame').attr('src', url);
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<iframe id="ad_frame" src="http://www.iyfipgun.com/"
frameborder="0" scrolling="no">

<!-- browser does not support iframe's -->

</iframe>
</body>

</html>
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If this has been inserted into a page of your site without your knowledge then it could mean your hosting account has been hacked/compromised. Delete the page in question, change your login details (password) to something more secure than it is already. I would also contact your host and report it to them for investigation. Note none of what your posting us related to the program in anyway.