Auto Hide toolbox and panels are slow

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Bluesman

Auto Hide toolbox and panels are slow

Post by Bluesman »

Hi, noticed when the webpage start to be big (memory) the "Auto Hide" function on toolbox and panels get slower. Is it possible to make it have the same speed as in the beginning?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Re: Auto Hide toolbox and panels are slow

Post by Pablo »

Auto-hide and other user interface functionality is not specific to WWB, I have no control over the speed or behavior of these elements.
Are you using the 64bit version?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:14 pm Auto-hide and other user interface functionality is not specific to WWB, I have no control over the speed or behavior of these elements.
Are you using the 64bit version?
Yes Pablo, using 64bit :D Maybe this is related to the processor or ram of the pc? But I think I have quite good kapacity.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Maybe turning off the sliding effect will speed it up. But maybe others want that fancy look :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The amount of memory should not have any impact.
Maybe you have too many graphics on the page?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 pm The amount of memory should not have any impact.
Maybe you have too many graphics on the page?
Seams to impact on each page when the site in total exceed some limit. All graphics are svg and about 2-4 on each side. Background image/photo are jpg:s. All are optimized. But I will not die :D , just slow down my high speed a bit...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It may be related to the SVG. SVG is rendered by the same 'engine' as the auto hide toolbars.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:02 am It may be related to the SVG. SVG is rendered by the same 'engine' as the auto hide toolbars.
Ok, thanks Pablo. Using svg-files for graphics is elementary for me now, so changing them are not an alternative. Maybe buying a bigger screen so I don't have to hide the panels... :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

I was checking the settings for the pc... in my notebook I have turned off all visual effects for the Windows 10 which make it perform much faster, but can't find this settings in the stationary pc. Maybe doesn't exist in it??
Maybe some one can advice for something? Now I'm choosing between a new bigger screen or a video/graphic card… or maybee booth :D
Can this be a solution?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo... maybe you or someone else in the WWB forum team can change this thread to "Off topic section" ?
Think it belongs there now when we have the answer for the behaviour :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
lummis

Post by lummis »

I was checking the settings for the pc... in my notebook I have turned off all visual effects for the Windows 10 which make it perform much faster, but can't find this settings in the stationary pc. Maybe doesn't exist in it??
Google is your friend - I found https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disa ... windows-10 which I think has the answer.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks "lummts" I'm a little slow with "Google" maybe to old :D Shall look at your link amediately.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

lummis wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm
Google is your friend - I found https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disa ... windows-10 which I think has the answer.
Whell worked perfect for the OS, but not for WWB 14. So WWB uses other technique for the panels ?? So I maybe has to invest in some more power anyway. But thanks for showing me in the right direction. It speeded up the OS a lot.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Went to office after vacation today. Tested the project in my office pc that has some more ram, faster processor and a graphic/video card. Big difference, much faster. :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website