Browsers

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rob

Browsers

Post by Rob »

Working on website performance reports for my clients. In Google Analytics, I am noticing the majority share of traffic is coming from 1 - The Chrome Browser, and 2 - mobile devices (iPhone in specific). Am I the last person on the face of the earth to use IE Edge as a browser for desktop?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
BaconFries

Re: Browsers

Post by BaconFries »

Am I the last person on the face of the earth to use IE Edge as a browser for desktop?
Sad it may be.....but yes!! :cry:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Don't get me wrong, I also have Chrome and FireFox as alternates for testing, but I just cannot get used to Chrome as a default. :-0
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Then I'm 2:nd last :D I like "Edge" but can't change the world...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

I was curious so I checked my most visited site and it was like this:
1: Chrome 36,84%
2: Safari (in app) 19,30%
3: Safari 17,54
4: Samsung Internet 8,77%
5: Android webview 7.02%
6: Edge 5,26%
7: (not set) 1,75%
8: Firefox 1,76%
9: Opera 1,75%

Whell "Edge" was not last :D and Firefox was even deeper. What I'm surprised at, is that Safari is that high of use even in desktop. But was quite interesting.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Safari is that high of use even in desktop. But was quite interesting.
Not really since by default only Safari from Apple comes bundled on OS X. Just a couple of Apples products that use by default Safari. Apple MacBook Pro Apple, Apple MacBook Air 13.3", Apple iPad Pro 10.5" Smart Keyboard along with all the others.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

BaconFries wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm
Safari is that high of use even in desktop. But was quite interesting.
Not really since by default only Safari from Apple comes bundled on OS X. Just a couple of Apples products that use by default Safari. Apple MacBook Pro Apple, Apple MacBook Air 13.3", Apple iPad Pro 10.5" Smart Keyboard along with all the others.
Hi Bacon... what I ment is that I'm surprised that the "Mac" user (visitor) is that high. Because in other comparisions the Windows user is still the global leading OS. In some segments the Mac is more comon like; design, photo, animation etc. My webpage is for common people usage :D and still Mac was that high. Or maybe Ecuador differs from rest of the world.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
zinc

Re: Browsersng

Post by zinc »

I use Vivaldi and almost never bother t test on ie or edge fr that matter. Find Firefox too forgiving which becomes misleading. Vivaldi is chrome based so no need as such to have chrome.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
UncleEti

Post by UncleEti »

I have noticed Opera uses twice less cpu as firefox. But I have to find some browser which opens only one site at a time. All these multi-interfaces browsert might use a lot of CPU for nothing, no?
Otherwise for testing, I still use browsershots, which is still free.
http://browsershots.org/