***Solved*** Publishing error

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
RevFrank

***Solved*** Publishing error

Post by RevFrank »

When I attempt to publish my domain I keep getting the following. Please note the host says they have not changed anything and I've been using WYSIWYG for years. As it stands, I can no longer publish. Last successful publish was yesterday.

*** START OF PUBLISH ***
Scanning publish folder...
Found 3 file(s).
Initializing FTP connection...
Checking host...
Host was successfully parsed.
Connecting to todayschuckle.com...
Using PASV mode.
Succesfully connected.
Current directory is '/'
Setting remote folder to /public_html...
Uploading 'chuckle.html'...
Internet Exception Error 12003

Details:
The server returned extended information
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,185,90,87,119,22)
552 Disk full - please upload later

Closing FTP connection...
Removing temporary files...
Publish failed!
*** END OF PUBLISH ***
RevFrank

Re: Publishing error

Post by RevFrank »

I neglected to mention, I have confirmed with the host that this is NOT a disk space issue.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I neglected to mention, I have confirmed with the host that this is NOT a disk space issue.
The following says differently "Disk full - please upload later". What version of the software are you using?. What version of Windows are you using? Have you tried going to Tools - Publish & Preview and changing Winnet to Winsock?.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

552 Disk full - please upload later
This error is generated by the server. So, this is a host related issue.
RevFrank

Post by RevFrank »

As I had stated previously, I have confirmed with the host that this is NOT a disk space issue.
The Host says it's a software issue.
I've been stuck between Hardware and software vendors many times in my 40+ years in IT.
Everyone pointing fingers at the other guy doesn't help me solve this issue.
I'm not blaming WYSIWYG I firmly believe they applied some maintenance and it's causing the issue. IT has to do with that "8 bit binary" message.
Per past users I have changed from winnet to winsock and it made no difference.
For the record, I was using WYSIWYG ver 8 and have since downloaded ver 14 and I'm getting the same error.
The error is occurring when I try to update any of my domains.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but the software does not make up random error messages!
'Disk fill' is a message from the server. The software just displays the response from the server.
The Host says it's a software issue.
That is what they always say (at first), but I cannot remember any case that this was actually true...

Please try a third party ftp tool to see if that works for you.
If that does not work either then you can be sure it's a server related issue.
RevFrank

Post by RevFrank »

After spending 2 hours on the phone with the host 2nd level support today, they finally agreed it is a server issue. Apparently the server thinks I'm out of space and clearly I'm not.
In my previous message I didn't mean to imply the problem is a WYSIWYG issue. I've seen enough server/system erros in my 40+ years of IT to know where to point the finger. The problem was getting them to admit it.
Thank you for your assist.
Also, I've been using WYSIWYG for years now. I think I originally purchased ver 7. It's a great tool and very easy to use.

I noticed that if I upgrade to 14 (I'm stuck between 8 and 14 now) there is/was a limited time offer of 40% off. Does that still hold true? If so, how do I go about getting it?

Thank you again.
Frank
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks for confirming it was a server issue and not related to the program at all. Please note neither WB7 or WB8 are supported anymore. For further information on how to upgrade to WB14 with a discount see the following:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/upgrade.html
RevFrank

Re: ***Solved*** Publishing error

Post by RevFrank »

Tech finally got back to me yesterday and while the call center was correct in stating that I was not out of disk space, apparently they were not able to see that the server was indeed out of space.
Tech informed me that they moved a few accounts off that server.
I spent multiple hours trying to get them to realize it wasn't mine or your problem.
This one goes into my bag of tricks for future reference.
Also, I have upgraded to WB 14 - nice job!!!!
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

RevFrank, I have exactly the same issue and on the same date and been going bonkers trying to fix a non-existent fault with Wininit.exe and a Windows 7 update.

I wonder which host you are with; I am with tsohost.com? I raised a ticket but, despite a kick today, they have not even replied which is very unusual and certainly never happened before VidaHost sold out to them.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you get the same error then this means that the server disk and only your webhost can help you solve this.
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

I take your point Pablo but I have managed to speak to customer support at TcoHost and we carried out a lot of tests with WYSIWYG (which is bang up to date), CuteFTP9 and FileZilla 3.46.2; the first two came back with similar error messages but Filezilla got through Ok.

It transpires that the host has updated their security protection requiring the FTP client to support Transport Layer Security version 1.2 or higher. Before I look further is WYSIWYG compliant with that version please?

Mike
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WWB15 does support Secure FTP.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Bloodhound2 as Pablos reply WB15 supports this using Secure FTP
so you do not need to look any further. But if you are still using WB14 then you will need to purchase the following extension. I mention WB14 as from a earlier post and at that time you were using Version 14.3.3
Extension for WB14
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/secureftp.html
lummis

Post by lummis »

@Bloodhound2

I had a similar experience with TSOHost a few weeks back and it was eventually resolved by using the IP Address of the server rather than the server name. If you haven't found an answer, ask them for the IP Address and see if that works.
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

Yes, as I said bang up to date 15.2.1 (Nov 24 2019)

I had tried the FTP setting you highlighted; it didn't work and gave this log:

*** START OF PUBLISH ***
Scanning publish folder...
Found 42 file(s).
SecureFtpLog:
Connect_Ftp2:
DllDate:
SecureFtpVersion: 9.5.0.69
UnlockPrefix: PBLVND.CB1072018
Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
Language: Visual C++ 6.0
VerboseLogging: 0
ProgressMonitoring:
enabled: no
heartbeatMs: 0
sendBufferSize: 65536
--ProgressMonitoring
Using Implicit SSL
ImplicitSsl: 1
AuthTls: 0
AuthSsl: 0
ftpConnect:
Hostname: ftp."xxxxxxxx"
Port: 990
Connecting via SSL/TLS
IdleTimeoutMs: 60000
socket2Connect:
connect2:
ConnectFailReason: Connection rejected
A few possible causes for a connection being rejected are:
- A firewall (software or hardware), such as Windows Firewall, is blocking the connection .
- Nothing is listening at the remote host:port
--connect2
--socket2Connect
ConnectFailReason: 7
--ftpConnect
Failed to connect to FTP server.
Failed.
--Connect_Ftp2
--SecureFtpLog

Removing temporary files...
Publish failed!
*** END OF PUBLISH ***

I now see others have had the same problem but didn't post their solutions

Secure FTP is a rather generic term for at least five different methods; please which version of TLS on the server does WWB support? I am guessing it must be 1.2 as that is the first secure version.

Thanks lummis; during testing we tried using the IP Address but it made no difference
But, with no alteration to settings FileZilla does work on Port 21 using encryption "Use Explicit FTP over TLS if available".

I am running this attempt to update my work on 32-bit Windows 7 but get exactly the same error message on a laptop running 64-bit Windows 10.

Mike
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I am guessing it must be 1.2 as that is the first secure version.
Correct.

The log indicates that the specified server is not correct or not listing at the specified port.
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

I have a working solution; instead of the recommended setting and without changing anything else I discovered that the Encryption Type needs to be set to "FTP with TLS/SSL (Auth TLS - Explicit)" on Port 21. I am certain I tried this yesterday but it would not go through so maybe something has been altered their end too!

Mike