PDF tab-labelling

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
mrwillow

PDF tab-labelling

Post by mrwillow »

Hi, I don't know if this applies to your software, though here goes. When you go to "Page Properties > General > Title", what is typed here is what is displayed, once published, at the top of a browser tab. I have a PDF originally composed in Word uploaded to my server. In a project page I have created a link to it. When published and the link clicked, the PDF opens up, but at the top of the browser tab it reads, "Microsoft Word - [what I labelled the original word doc"]. How to change this? DC
jerryco

Re: PDF tab-labelling

Post by jerryco »

I'm not sure but I think when you export doc to pdf the pdf generator adds Microsoft Word - to the title. Did you try renaming the file taking that first part out?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Pablo

Re: PDF tab-labelling

Post by Pablo »

'Title' is a standard HTML feature. You cannot change how it works. This functionality is implemented in the browser.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_title.asp