youtube bandwith

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
wyndham

youtube bandwith

Post by wyndham »

If I embed a youtube video on my site, does the bandwith usage as the video plays go on my monthly usages. If I have a 10gig monthly account and if 5 plays of this video uses up 10 gigs, it would seem impractical to embed this video in my site, but... if it's a pass through without any major cost overhead to my bill, then if seems cost effective to use youtube videos to market my product, which is handmade pottery. Would just a image link to the video be more practical?
Thanks for any info
Wyndham
[RZ]

Re: youtube bandwith

Post by [RZ] »

the bandwith usage is related to the source
this is one of the reasons that many websites block their media/images/etc when are called from a different origin (apart from other copyright/authory/overuse/misuse reasons)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

An embedded youtube video does not affect the bandwidth usage of your website.
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

thanks for the help: sorry I posted in wrong section
Lasa

Post by Lasa »

If you set up the Youtube videos with keywords in the titles (think SEO) the Videos can actually push clients to your site.
You tube is so well indexed it pops up on most searches... use it as a part of your SEO practice .
Cheers,
Lasa