Flex-Grid with IE

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
sieweb

Flex-Grid with IE

Post by sieweb »

Hi,
Though there has been a kind of warning :D because of not supported in Internet Explorer in the help, I have used FlexGrid with my latest site.
The result in IE is ugly not to say inacceptable.
Does anyone has a knowledge if IE will support FlexGrid in the near future? Otherwise I have to kick FlexGrid out.
horst
BaconFries

Re: Flex-Grid with IE

Post by BaconFries »

Does anyone has a knowledge if IE will support FlexGrid in the near future?
I doubt it very much due to IE being discontinued although still maintained.
The browser is discontinued, but still maintained. ... On March 17, 2015, Microsoft announced that Microsoft Edge would replace Internet Explorer as the default browser on its Windows 10 devices
From below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer

Without sounding rude, I would say you should be testing how your site works/displays with other browsers that support FlexGrid, as IE is no longer the main/popular browser of choice by users today.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I don't think IE will ever support flex grid. Microsoft has stopped adding new HTML features to IE a few years ago.
sieweb

Post by sieweb »

OK and thank you, I am not familiar with win 10 (yes I know, I have to :-( ) so didn't know the Edge story.
Many of the people I know are still running IE.
Just remembered, that the statistics of the provider will offer the counts which browser is in use, I will have a look.
horst