How do you prove the purchase of a photo license to your customer?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Markus

How do you prove the purchase of a photo license to your customer?

Post by Markus »

I have a question to professional web designers.

For a commercial project I purchased a photo license. How do I prove to my customer that I purchased the photo license and that the use of the photo is legally okay?

Do I include a copy of the license invoice with my invoice? Or how is this usually done? I would also be particularly interested in the practice in Germany.

Thank you
Markus
Markus

Re: How do you prove the purchase of a photo license to your customer?

Post by Markus »

I am surprised that nobody here has any experience with it (or might report about it). Is this topic such a big secret?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Doesn't the company you acquired the photo from have the license?

Next time, consider using www.unsplash.com. Their license: https://unsplash.com/license
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Markus

Post by Markus »

Yes, I usually get photos from these free portals, but in this case the customer wanted to have exactly this (paid) photo on his website.

And he asked me to buy the license for him. I did so and so I received an invoice from the license seller, which is addressed to me.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Hey Markus,

Usually you need to read the license information to determine what it entails.

In my experience, you are buying for the rights to use it on a commercial website. You can use it in your design on behalf of a client but it is you that has the license.