3rd party forms

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rob

3rd party forms

Post by Rob »

I am curious if anyone has embedded a 3rd party form (like JotForms) into a layout grid as an html object and how that works?
https://www.jotform.com/

Thoughts?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
zinc

Re: 3rd party forms

Post by zinc »

Wouldn't that depend on wether the form was designed to be responsive?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not have any experience with jotform, so I do not know whether or not it’s responsive.
But if it is responsive then it should work.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I use Cognitoforms and they are responsive and it all works very well.

Have a look at https://www.penninescouts.org.uk/adultenquiry.html on a desktop and a mobile.

Alan
zinc

Post by zinc »

Can I ask why do you guys use a 3rd party form? Why not use WWB's own form?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@alan_sh not entirely related to the post but see the following screenshot of the url given the text menu is missed placed in portrait mode but fine in landscape

Rob

Post by Rob »

I always use Wb own forms, but I have a possible client who has a series of 3rd party forms where the form is filled out and they are automatically added to a drip email marketing campaign. Seems kinda nifty. Just wanting to see if what he wants to use will continue to work in a WB website.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Just wanting to see if what he wants to use will continue to work in a WB website
Rob, if it works in another application and the code of jotforms is responsive uses a combination of php, javascript and html then it will also work in WB as long as it is inserted correctly. I would simply do a trial and error project (demo) before starting anything else using jotforms in WB.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

zinc wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 am Can I ask why do you guys use a 3rd party form? Why not use WWB's own form?
Because the forms change a lot over time and it's easier to use a third party one so I can amend them quickly. Also, Congito have done all the hard work so I just design and insert.

Alan
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

BaconFries wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm @alan_sh not entirely related to the post but see the following screenshot of the url given the text menu is missed placed in portrait mode but fine in landscape

What text menu? In portrait mode, it should have the three line hamburger menu on the left. Can you tell me what you see?

Alan
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

What text menu?
You can clearly see it (see screenshot) if you look at the page in a mobile phone using desktop mode ! The menu (Text) in question reads
[GMN County Website] [National Scout website] [Contact Us]

You can also see the text menu (barely) behind the form when viewing the mobile version again see screenshot

alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Thanks - I will investigate

Alan