HighSlide Google Search ***Updated 27/12/09***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

HighSlide Google Search ***Updated 27/12/09***

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 27/12/09***
Meets W3C Standards Image Image
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2

With the highslide google search you can do your search and it will open in a popup window you can choose what height, width outline that you wish to use to display the results with and when finished aearch simply press close to return to you page the search area was on.

/******************************************************************************
Name: Highslide JS
Version: 4.0.11 (January 21 2009)
Config: default
Author: Torstein Hønsi
Support: http://highslide.com/support

Licence:
Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5
License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/).
You are free:
* To use for personal use only.
* To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
* To make derivative works.
* Noncommercial.You may not use this work for commercial purposes personal use only.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work.(See Above)
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
******************************************************************************/
Please vist the link below for more details on how to purchase commercial licence.
http://highslide.com

Plaese download from filedropper as mediafire is having issues with this..
Download For Web Builder Version 6.5
http://www.mediafire.com/?vonajn4ymmu

Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jordan

Post by jordan »

That's a flood :shock: of extensions and a whole lot of work ... GREAT.
not so nice for my index work . :mrgreen: .

tnx for the index mail BaconFries.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF; WOW! I love this!!! Sooo cool and away from your own website. Brilliant!!!! Great and simple! Nice one!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yer I had these sitting waiting to be released decided it was time to get them uploaded.... :D I promise to give you notice next time that I will upload as many lol jordan your doing a great job with my friend lets hope we can keep them coming.... :D B thx glad you like it makes it a little different that can still stay within your site and still get the results you need.....right it back to the grind

Jordan it was the translation that was the hardest part as we all know google and babel not exactly the greatest translators so I had to kinda think about it and write to the best I understood...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 27/12/09***
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

Thx for this update.
Is it possible to search within my site ? (like Pablo's extension). I prefer your's because it opens in a nice windows.
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Evening FredericP glad you like the extension at present it only allows you to search within google :cry: I have started a version that will allow it to be used like Pablo's but have had to put on hold atb the moment as I am rebuilding all my extension to be used in WB 6.5 due to some not loading properly as soon as I have completed this I will try to start work on the extension again and will post as soon as it is available ....
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

Thx very much for your quick answer. Take your time, and thx again for your very great work ;-)
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Ghio it seems mediafire is having some issues with some of my files and cant find them on the server even though they are there.... I have uploaded to another sever you can find in usual place...
Patrik iden

Re: HighSlide Google Search ***Updated 27/12/09***

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, ware can i get the highslide google search extension to download?

Thank you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry the extension is not available anymore, this is due to "Goggle" not allowing it to be displayed in an iframe when it opens in the Highslide window. I can offer another way of displaying a search result using the same extension but it will use Bing to return the results. you cam let me know if intrested.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:Sorry the extension is not available anymore, this is due to "Goggle" not allowing it to be displayed in an iframe when it opens in the Highslide window. I can offer another way of displaying a search result using the same extension but it will use Bing to return the results. you cam let me know if intrested.
Sure i would like to take a look at the bing extension. Thank you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok it s late here in the UK, I will get something sorted out tomorrow afternoon and se about uploading.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:Ok it s late here in the UK, I will get something sorted out tomorrow afternoon and se about uploading.
ok. thank's
adex1

Post by adex1 »

Maybe you can add combobox for making selections like yahoo, msn bing, and other search engines in your upgrade highslide extension.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello guys :)

I would like to contribute to this topic as I too was suffering from "Search" requests from clients, and I had a long conversation with BaconFries regarding this thing.
It all started with IntraSite Search extension which I still INSIST ON making it work, as me and BaconFries had some issues, but I finally contacted the creator of the script and he offered help, but I am busy right now in building up some sites.
Anyways, I found a great solution for site search, it uses Google site search, jquery and AJAX... Here is the link:
http://tutorialzine.com/2010/09/google- ... ax-jquery/
As you can see in the demo, it uses the same page to show the results. Someone asked -in the comments section- about having the search box in one page, and the results on another page, and the code was given... Here is the link of this modification:
http://www.persephone-dragonfly.com/
Now if you type a word in the search box, the results will appear on another page. Nice, isn't it? :)

I am ready to make it as an extension (Sorry BaconFries if I am posting this thing here, hope you allow me :) ), but as I said before, am a bit busy with some work.
But anyway the script is easy to use and integrate into WWB, just have a look at it. And for the ones who need the results to open on another page, hit Ctrl+F and type "Anastatia" in the first link I provided. Thanks to her for providing the code :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@supersonictt hey thats cool I know of this script, i had started it as an extension myself, but as like you I been busy with other things. I was even looking at implenting into the highslde at the time I was considering it an an extension.Anyway no worries.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks BaconFries :) and it is good to know other members are working in new extensions ;)
As I said, once am free I will immediately start working on it :)