PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
kevinp

Re: PayPal Mini Cart

Post by kevinp »

The original link seems to be working fine.
zinc

Post by zinc »

kevinp wrote:The original link seems to be working fine.
Kevin I like the mathcaptcha on your site. Free script was it?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

It was an extension for WB. You can get it from viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31111
zinc

Post by zinc »

kevinp wrote:It was an extension for WB. You can get it from viewtopic.php?f=42&t=31111
Thanks mate. Nice one.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Nevermind. I see there is a newer version.
protectourlands

I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to offer 3 options of the same product (dropdown).

For example: red shirt, blue shirt, green shirt - all the same price of $15.

Item Name Settings
Item Name Settings / Name or Item Number
item_name / Blue shirt
item_name / Red shirt
item_name / Green shirt

Input Value Settings
Option Select / Input Value
option_select0 / $15.00

Amount Value Option Settings
Value / Option
15.00 / Blue shirt
15.00 / Red Shirt
15.00 / Green Shirt

With this configuration, no matter what color option I choose in the dropdown, it always sends the Green Shirt option to the cart (last entry in "Name or Item Number"). I think I'm doing something wrong in "Option Select". I'm not sure what "option_select0" means. Anyone have a suggestion?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@protectourlands take a lok at the PDF I made some time ago how to use the extension hope this helps some more on how to use
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm4uqiumqme
protectourlands

Hi BaconFries

I read it and it really helped. For some reason though I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around employing different categories to be sent to the cart. I get them in the dropdown no problem, but when I preview the page it seems no matter which dropdown option i choose to send to the cart, it only sends the last item listed in the Item Name Settings > Name or Item number.

Can you explain what option_select_0 is and what it is supposed to match? I have a feeling the problem is there. I have option_select0 under "Option Select", and $15 under Input Value. Since all three of my dropdown options are the same price (just different color), do I need to modify this?

I appreciate your advice.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ protectourlands it late here in the UK and I am heading to bed, I will knock up a little demo tomorrow for you so you can see what it does and how to set up.....
protectourlands

Oh that would be great. Thank you so much.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please read this
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm4uqiumqme

Small demo of who to use
http://www.mediafire.com/?2l2d3fyu6bu7352

Please note that I do not "Support" this extension although I may have made it..It was made to pass on to Kevin to show what else could be done with using extra variables etc.
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

I am going to use this on a site i'm building, I'm not using the extension but instead just the code from the site. Have everything working, but the window is behind all my content. Any idea how to get it to show on top of my content?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@iamafireman insert the code below in Page HTML between<head></head> tags* set the z-index to what you require but I think 100 should be enough....

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
#PPMiniCart {
position: relative !important;
z-index: 100 !important;
}
</style>
Last edited by BaconFries on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

Thanks that did it.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Glad to have helped...
supersonictt

Re:

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries wrote:Hi kevin been working on this myself and believe I have nailed the postioning down in FF and chrome with how I set it up in the mini.js I can select whether to have it dropdown from left or right in FF, chrome I can send it on to you if you had a email that I can send too....you can let me know...
Hello BaconFries,

I've been trying to fix "L" "R" issue, but couldn't find out how!
Do you have any clue how to do so?
Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi supersonictt I havent use the extension for some time now, what version of the extension are you trying to use the version that I supplied Ken with or his? I memory serves me correctly with mine there is two settings for the left/right one needs to be set to L for Left and the other set to Left and vice -verus for right.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

@BaconFries

The version am using is the one that doesn't have the combo boxes and extra settings (as reading this thread, he has two version, the very first one which am using and the second one has combo boxes and more complex settings).
The version I have has L and R, but whenever I set it to R it doesn't appear on right, it always appears on the left. And you mentioned that you had the fix for that, could you please let me know how you did it?
Thanks.
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

supersonictt wrote:@BaconFries

The version am using is the one that doesn't have the combo boxes and extra settings (as reading this thread, he has two version, the very first one which am using and the second one has combo boxes and more complex settings).
The version I have has L and R, but whenever I set it to R it doesn't appear on right, it always appears on the left. And you mentioned that you had the fix for that, could you please let me know how you did it?
Thanks.
You need to replace the old version with the updated one by Bacon Fries from this link
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Patr100 wrote:

Thanks.
You need to replace the old version with the updated one by Bacon Fries from this link
Thanks for the reply... But even this version pins the cart to the left!!
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

supersonictt wrote:
Patr100 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply... But even this version pins the cart to the left!!
Yes by default but have you actually read the instructions for changing it to right?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ supersonictt try setting like this
paypal.gif
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries wrote:@ supersonictt try setting like this
paypal.gif
Thanks a lot, it is working now :)
But is there a way to get rid of the extra settings in the extension?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

What ones are you refering to?
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries wrote:What ones are you refering to?
Well, in the same old extension, it was only the cart pinned to the top of the page, and I used the built-in add to cart button to show the cart.
Now in this newer version, it has combo boxes and other stuff (quantity...) that I found hard to setup, so I guess there is no way to remove them, right?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No sorry they are hard coded into the extension...I might need to take a look at this again and see if I can improve on it...it getting the time to do this but if I can I will...
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for your replies :)
Take your time on that, no rush mate :)
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

BaconFries wrote:No sorry they are hard coded into the extension...I might need to take a look at this again and see if I can improve on it...it getting the time to do this but if I can I will...
Thanks for your work on this ext.It would be really good if you could make the cart appear to the right by default as surely this is the accepted convention for most similar carts - I don't know of any that hover/stick to the left. It just doesn't feel natural nor intuitive to be on the left.

-
bourin

Post by bourin »

Patr100 wrote:Thanks for your work on this ext.It would be really good if you could make the cart appear to the right by default as surely this is the accepted convention for most similar carts - I don't know of any that hover/stick to the left. It just doesn't feel natural nor intuitive to be on the left.
Our commercial "PayPal Mini Cart" Release http://www.mjh-software.org/wwb-extensi ... rce-02.php allow this to set via Display Edge - The edge of the page the cart should pin to. Set to left or right.

professional WWB extensions for tables, MySQL, Excel, e-commerce, measurement, gallery, file uploader, ... - produced from german and thai software engineers
zinc

Post by zinc »

Sorry to butt in but it does appear on the right corner.
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

bendigo wrote:Sorry to butt in but it does appear on the right corner.
Is that in answer to Bourin or me?

By default it appears on the left. Until you modify this action.
bourin

Post by bourin »

BaconFries wrote:@iamafireman insert the code below in Page HTML between<head></head> tags* set the z-index to what you require but I think 100 should be enough....

<style type="text/css">
#PPMiniCart {
}
</style>
I have tested the setting for z-index, based on infos from https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart/pull/67

<head>
<style type="text/css">
   #PPMiniCart form { z-index: 100; }
</style>
</head>
and, based on infos from https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart

<head>
<style type="text/css">
   #PPMiniCart { z-index: 100; }
</style>
</head>
result: all don't work. Only a

<div id="wb_PayPal-Mini-Cart" style="position:absolute; ... z-index:100;" align="left">
<script src="minicart.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
   PAYPAL.apps.MiniCart.render({
      displayEdge: 'right',
      edgeDistance: '50px',
      cookiePath: '/',
      paypalURL: 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr',
      strings: {
         button: 'Button',
         subtotal: 'Subtotal',
         discount: 'Discount',
         shipping: 'Shipping'
      }
   });
</script>
</div>
generate a useful handling. There are to ways to set the z-index:

(1) into WWB project side via STR++ - mostly forgot
(2) after wwb project publis with an outside "search and change" software
professional WWB extensions for tables, MySQL, Excel, e-commerce, measurement, gallery, file uploader, ... - produced from german and thai software engineers
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ bourin what version of the minicart.js file are you using in your extension????
the code below is for the latest version of the minicart.js I was in contact with the author of the script regarding a issue regarding z-index order and this is what HE recommended so before being critical regarding this please check that YOU are using the latest minicart.js which this fix is for and not previous version of the script.....

<style type="text/css">
#PPMiniCart {
}
</style>
bourin

Post by bourin »

I'm use version 2.0.6 = jeffharrell-MiniCart-2.0.6-0-gbc27f32.zip from here https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart/archives/master
bourin

Post by bourin »

I'm found today also a jeffharrell-MiniCart-2.0.6-18-gaaf3ef1.zip without any effort for the z-index problem, don't work.
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

Finally, is there a finished, completed extension version? As I can see, there are code pieces here and there, in various posts.
Has someone completed this useful extension?
Thanks
Paul
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@pavlos1 the extension by kevin is already available to download at the very first post of this topic it can be seen below the screenshot a clue is Download at http://www.mediafire.com

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25316
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

Thank you BF, it works smoothly with wysiwyg paypal buttons.
However, I need to make some modifications on the js script, like colors, etc., but I can't locate it. Where can I find it?
Thanks,
Paul
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

To make any changes to the js file you will need to open it with a HTML Editor scroll down to line
87 function createCart() here you will find some code to allow you to make the changes...note if you open the extension again in wb then these will be lost and you will have to repeat.
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

BF, I know I have to edit the js file in an html editor, but I can't find this js file.
Where is this file?
Thank you
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The js file will be located to where ever you have saved you project to on your PC/laptop look for a file named minicart.js
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

BF, that is exactly my problem. I can't locate the file, I am even using windows search on the specific folder where the projects are saved,
but it can't be found. Maybe there is a hard coding of the minicart.js file within the extension?
Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The file is generated by the extension and will be placed in the folder that you have saved the project to along with all other files that are required for the page that you have the extension on...I have just tested this and the minicart.js always get saved to the project folder i save to. Maybe you have set that all js files get place in a folder named js or something else ...i would do a full search of you PC looking for minicart.js and I am positive it will be found...please note that I am not the developer of this extension and I am only trying to provide you assitance with this if you are have any issues I would post again saying that the file is not getting generated and the builder will assit you.
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

BF, I know that you are not the developer to the specific extension, I was posting to you because
you just seem to have a wide knowledge on the project and you are willing to share, for which I thank you...
zinc

Post by zinc »

Is it just me or this extension does not work with 8.5.1. Where is the View Card Button? Also you choose the shopping cart to appear on the right (R) and it is on the left!!!!! :?
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

bendigo wrote:Is it just me or this extension does not work with 8.5.1. Where is the View Card Button? Also you choose the shopping cart to appear on the right (R) and it is on the left!!!!! :?
It seems to appear on the left when I have set it to the right for me as well.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

In Kevins version of the extension he only gave the choice to select L or R which only places the dropdown to the right what ever you select....In the js there is a extra selection that he left out you also need to be able to select left of right not just L or R, this can be fixed by making the changes in the js file by yourself by opening it in a HTML Editor such as Notepad++ and make the change as follows

// set defaults
MiniCart.displayEdge = (MiniCart.displayEdge === 'L') ? 'left' : 'left'; <<<< for positioning to the left

// set defaults
MiniCart.displayEdge = (MiniCart.displayEdge === 'R') ? 'left' : 'right'; <<<< for positioning to the right
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

BaconFries wrote:In Kevins version of the extension he only gave the choice to select L or R which only places the dropdown to the right what ever you select....In the js there is a extra selection that he left out you also need to be able to select left of right not just L or R, this can be fixed by making the changes in the js file by yourself by opening it in a HTML Editor such as Notepad++ and make the change as follows

// set defaults
MiniCart.displayEdge = (MiniCart.displayEdge === 'L') ? 'left' : 'left'; <<<< for positioning to the left

// set defaults
MiniCart.displayEdge = (MiniCart.displayEdge === 'R') ? 'left' : 'right'; <<<< for positioning to the right
But wasn't this already fixed and integrated and in an earlier version? Why isn't the option showing now? See your screen shot in earlier post:

viewtopic.php?p=235383#p235383
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF can't you take over this extension and apply your magic?
The view cart button is def gone!!!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Patr100 Yes the version that I passed on to kevin allowed this without having to modify the code as I described. In Kevins version that you can download from the first thread this is required so you can position left or right.

@bendigo I wish I had the time to rebuild this extension, If I was it would be a total rebuild from the start and doing this takes times, but thanks for just saying put your "magic " to it ...