PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
bourin

Re: PayPal Mini Cart

Post by bourin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 am

Patr100 wrote:Thanks for your work on this ext.It would be really good if you could make the cart appear to the right by default as surely this is the accepted convention for most similar carts - I don't know of any that hover/stick to the left. It just doesn't feel natural nor intuitive to be on the left.
Our commercial "PayPal Mini Cart" Release http://www.mjh-software.org/wwb-extensi ... rce-02.php allow this to set via Display Edge - The edge of the page the cart should pin to. Set to left or right.

professional WWB extensions for tables, MySQL, Excel, e-commerce, measurement, gallery, file uploader, ... - produced from german and thai software engineers

zinc

Post by zinc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:20 am

Sorry to butt in but it does appear on the right corner.

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

bendigo wrote:Sorry to butt in but it does appear on the right corner.
Is that in answer to Bourin or me?

By default it appears on the left. Until you modify this action.

bourin

Post by bourin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm

BaconFries wrote:@iamafireman insert the code below in Page HTML between<head></head> tags* set the z-index to what you require but I think 100 should be enough....

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
#PPMiniCart {
position: relative !important;
z-index: 100 !important;
}
</style>
I have tested the setting for z-index, based on infos from https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart/pull/67

<head>
<style type="text/css">
   #PPMiniCart form { z-index: 100; }
</style>
</head>
and, based on infos from https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart

<head>
<style type="text/css">
   #PPMiniCart { z-index: 100; }
</style>
</head>
result: all don't work. Only a

<div id="wb_PayPal-Mini-Cart" style="position:absolute; ... z-index:100;" align="left">
<script src="minicart.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
   PAYPAL.apps.MiniCart.render({
      displayEdge: 'right',
      edgeDistance: '50px',
      cookiePath: '/',
      paypalURL: 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr',
      strings: {
         button: 'Button',
         subtotal: 'Subtotal',
         discount: 'Discount',
         shipping: 'Shipping'
      }
   });
</script>
</div>
generate a useful handling. There are to ways to set the z-index:

(1) into WWB project side via STR++ - mostly forgot
(2) after wwb project publis with an outside "search and change" software
professional WWB extensions for tables, MySQL, Excel, e-commerce, measurement, gallery, file uploader, ... - produced from german and thai software engineers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm

@ bourin what version of the minicart.js file are you using in your extension????
the code below is for the latest version of the minicart.js I was in contact with the author of the script regarding a issue regarding z-index order and this is what HE recommended so before being critical regarding this please check that YOU are using the latest minicart.js which this fix is for and not previous version of the script.....

<style type="text/css">
#PPMiniCart {
position: relative !important;
z-index: 100 !important;
}
</style>

bourin

Post by bourin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm use version 2.0.6 = jeffharrell-MiniCart-2.0.6-0-gbc27f32.zip from here https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart/archives/master

bourin

Post by bourin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 am

I'm found today also a jeffharrell-MiniCart-2.0.6-18-gaaf3ef1.zip without any effort for the z-index problem, don't work.

pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 am

Finally, is there a finished, completed extension version? As I can see, there are code pieces here and there, in various posts.
Has someone completed this useful extension?
Thanks
Paul

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 am

@pavlos1 the extension by kevin is already available to download at the very first post of this topic it can be seen below the screenshot a clue is Download at http://www.mediafire.com

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25316

pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Thank you BF, it works smoothly with wysiwyg paypal buttons.
However, I need to make some modifications on the js script, like colors, etc., but I can't locate it. Where can I find it?
Thanks,
Paul

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

To make any changes to the js file you will need to open it with a HTML Editor scroll down to line
87 function createCart() here you will find some code to allow you to make the changes...note if you open the extension again in wb then these will be lost and you will have to repeat.

pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 pm

BF, I know I have to edit the js file in an html editor, but I can't find this js file.
Where is this file?
Thank you

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

The js file will be located to where ever you have saved you project to on your PC/laptop look for a file named minicart.js

pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:32 pm

BF, that is exactly my problem. I can't locate the file, I am even using windows search on the specific folder where the projects are saved,
but it can't be found. Maybe there is a hard coding of the minicart.js file within the extension?
Thanks

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:45 pm

The file is generated by the extension and will be placed in the folder that you have saved the project to along with all other files that are required for the page that you have the extension on...I have just tested this and the minicart.js always get saved to the project folder i save to. Maybe you have set that all js files get place in a folder named js or something else ...i would do a full search of you PC looking for minicart.js and I am positive it will be found...please note that I am not the developer of this extension and I am only trying to provide you assitance with this if you are have any issues I would post again saying that the file is not getting generated and the builder will assit you.