Lightbox Print ***16/02/13***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Lightbox Print ***16/02/13***

Post by BaconFries »

*** Updated 16/02/13***
Extension has been updated to allow scroll to the first image once user has reached the last. Thanks to supersonictt for asking if this was possible, a addition to the script now allows this. As usual the extension can only be download via the Extension Manager for users of WB8 and higher
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=47565&start=15

Lightbox Print

Built with Extension Builder 4.0
Meets W3C standards XHTML and HTML 4.01

Original Author: Lokesh Dhakar
http://lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/

Plus: Vincent Verbruggen
http://sandbox.tse-webdesign.be/lightbox-print/

Lightbox Print has now been updated using the latest version of lightbox 2.51 so it can be used with all jQuery objects that use jQuery 1.7.2. It can be used to display images in a beautiful way it will also allow the user to be able to print the images directlty by selecting the print button. The extension has now been updated with extension builder 4.0 so you will need to update WYSIWYG Web Builder to version 8.20 before you will be able to use
lightboxprint.jpg
Extension can be downloaded and installed via the Extension Manager
BaconFries

Re: Lightbox Print ***04/05/12***

Post by BaconFries »

Lightbox Print ***04/05/12***
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

Nice! again........Thanks BF! :)

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

www.madebyibloo.com - a creative design studio.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Scott had this sitting around for a while and thought just release it see who needs it again thanks.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF this is very useful indeed. Thank you.

Here is a sample of it in action.

http://bit.ly/IMgq9Q

One thing I would suggest is the ability to assign a different image for the print & close for none English and cosmetic purposes.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Thanks BF!

Cheers,
Joe
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Joe :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ bendigo
One thing I would suggest is the ability to assign a different image for the print & close for none English and cosmetic purposes.
I did look at doing this but decided not to, this was due to having some issues when I added this to another Lightbox extension I made. It was safer just to leave alone and not have frequent questions getting asked "How can I add this image" "And why is it placed out of place when I add a image a certain size".
BaconFries

Re: Lightbox Print ***16/06/12***

Post by BaconFries »

*** Updated 16/06/12***
Extension has now been updated to work along side jQuery used in WYSIWYG Web Builder 8.2
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Thumbs-up Bacon!

Another great extension from your stable :D
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

THanks me your welcome hope that it may be of use to yourself in any thing you decide to use on.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

BaconFries I love this extension. I am going to use it in a website with printable coupons. Thank you so much for sharing this.
rvanveen

Post by rvanveen »

Another beautiful extension from your hands, Baconfries.
Is there a way to let the Lightbox Print show only one thumbnail, instead of a row or colum of thumbnails?
It's because I want to place ten albums (each with a different name displayed on the first thumbnail) on the same webpage.

compliments once more,

Raymond
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ Raymond not with the current version that is avaiable, but it is possible if I made a few changes to the extension available, It is late here in the UK but I will look at it and try and post something...
rvanveen

Post by rvanveen »

Now that my similar question in another topic ("More then one simple viewer on a website"?), has been ended with negative result, I humbly repeat my question as stated above.
If it is not possible I will just have to make one big foto-album with divider-pictures to separate months.
regards,
Raymond
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

sorry for hijacking this thread, but my answer is here: http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 2&start=15
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No problems [RZ] To carry on regarding the question asked, have you tried using more than one lightbox? I have tried and it seems to work. But I have to say I think adding as you asked 12 lightbox galleries to one page is overkill, reason being is this 12x lightbox = 12x12 images =144 this is a lot of images to load into one page at onetime, this may result in slower internet connection the user having to wait sometime for the last images to load before they can use the galleries. What your asking would be best done using a database calling each gallery/set of images into just one lightbox, and when ever the user either clicked on a thumbnail or a text link the images would get displayed. It is possible but you would need to implement the database and the PHP yourself to achive this.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

sorry again bf, just for the benefit of the question here...
i agree with you about these lot of images, with no doubt it needs to be rethinked on how the images will be shown without overload the connection.
anyhow, i've noticed the latest version of SW, has an improved "smart" images loading method. one of my sites has 90 pictures (in the same instance) and are loaded really fast (i guess are loaded "on demand" / "on the fly"). yes i know that also 90 are a lot, but didn't have the option to divide it into smaller albums...
well... sorry again for posting this out of topic.

(ps: i don't know where the original thread is, so feel free to move this post to the correct place)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello BaconFries :) a quick question:

What code should I edit/add to make the gallery go to first image upon reaching the last image and click next? I mean to make it continuous.
I was able to show the next arrow upon reaching the last image, but after clicking it, it shows nothing!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ supersonictt Hmmmm good question? not sre that it can be done or not, the lightbox script used here has been modified to allow the print function, so it is a slightly different script than the original. I have done a quick scroll through the lightbox forum but can only find a solution for an older version of lightbox, if it can be done I will get back to you...or if you find anything let me know and I will see about adding.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Sure, I will do my best to find a solution and I will let you know right away :)

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Hope your health is better :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ supersonictt thx for asking about me :) still taking it as easy as I can :) ok I have been thinking about this, do you need the print button? if not the I do have another extension that does exactly what you wish....it can be download via the extension manager from Galleries looking for lightbox slide show this has the loop feature you need.

Little update on this on testing I found that if used with any other jQeury object there is a conflict I can get round this by modifying the extension js files so that it will works ...anyway if this is what you need just whistle and i will listen for tune ...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Update to this I have almost got a working fix for this :) but it only works on a.older version of the script :( and it only works with a lightbox not the print :( I will see what else can be done and will post
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks a lot BaconFries, and sorry for the delay I was busy finalizing a site.

Take your time on that bro, your health is much more important than anything else :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@supersonictt Update on your question...at last I think I have found a solution to this once tested and if you still need i will upload.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

@BaconFries

Thanks a lot for not forgetting it :) I really appreciate it :)
I am not on a hurry, so take your time with that, so once all tests are done I will be happy to try it.
BaconFries

Re: Lightbox Print ***16/02/13***

Post by BaconFries »

*** Updated 16/02/13***
rvanveen

Post by rvanveen »

As of today my Lightbox Print (used on many pages of this website: http://www.wandelclub-algarve.nl) is not longer working in the Webbuilder program. Pictures I add in the Lightbox Print Properties windows show up as 'crosses'.
The settings are identical with the settings used on numerous other pages in the website.
I checked with ftp and concluded that all pictures are correctly uploaded but viewing the site I only see 'empty boxes'.
Java is turned on in the browsers I checked the site with (IE, FF and Safari, the last one tries to open an image but to no avail)
Last edited by rvanveen on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Just installed the extension and it works fine for me. I have viewed the url that you have provided, and looking at the source code, I can see that all the images used in the extension have invalid manes. An example of this is the following Cl%C3%A9rigo20.jpg. The reason why it is like is because you have used spacing in the image names it should be written as follows
Correct
ClC3A9rigo20.jpg
Incorrect
Cl C3 A9rigo20.jpg
So to fix this please do not use spaces or other non-alpha numeric characters in the names of web related files. I would also suggest not to use the extension in a iframe as it wasnt written to be used in one, it is really just ment to be used on a page.
rvanveen

Post by rvanveen »

Thanks BaconFries; this was indeed the cause of the problem. As I get these pictures delivered by others I will make sure to pay more attention to the filenames they use in the future!