PayPal Mini Cart Preview

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

PayPal Mini Cart Preview

Post by BaconFries »

This is just a "Preview" of the upcoming PayPal Minicart Extension by myself. It is still a work in progress but is about 95% complete just a few ends to tidy up in the extension and finish writing the pdf. I will be supplying the extension "Free" to all users of WYSIWYG Web Builder 8.5.1 the reason being that is has been built with "Extension Builder 4.0.1. If all goes to plan it will be released by the weekend.

I make no apoligies to all other builders who may have spent time building there own version of the cart, and have a charge attached. I just feel that Pablo has provided me with excellent tools to make Web Sites and extensions with and this is my way of saying thanks to him and the community for using my extensions in the past,present and in the future while I can still make them.

The Mini Cart is a great way to improve your PayPal integration by creating an overlay which appears as a user adds products to their cart. It’s a simple change that creates a wonderful new experience for your website!

Here are just a couple of screenshots

PayPal MiniCart Properties
properties.jpg
MiniCart Display
cartdemo.jpg
zinc

Re: PayPal Mini Cart Preview

Post by zinc »

BF you have excelled yourself :D Without putting pressure, I have halted a project as I am waiting for you. Great Great work as always.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

Looks good. Appreciate your efforts.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Same here BaconFries. I have delayed a project in anticipation of your rewrite on this extension and know it will perform brilliantly like all your other extensions. You are so appreciated.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thank you all for your patience & support for the extension, it is almost complete. The hardest part is the writing of the user PDF, as you can see of the screenshot of the extensions properties, there is a lot to cover, so I just want to make sure everything is in place. The more experienced (Advanced) user shouldnt have any trouble using, but for a new user I am sure there will be many questions, so it is better to be safe than sorry and write as much as I can in the PDF again thanks.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries, thanks a lot for your excellent work, this extension, beside your other extensions are amazing :)
We are all here to support extension builders like you, and for me, am ready to help with anything as much as I can :)
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

It is really a very exciting development. Any upcoming news about his great extension? Any new release dates?
Thanks
Paul
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

At present it has been put on the back burner, this is due to some health issues I am having, I am even not really ment to be taking time to answer here, as I should be resting...( if greater powers knew I be in trouble lol ) all I can say is as soon as it is possible I will release sorry :(
pavlos1

Post by pavlos1 »

I am really very sorry to hear that. If I only new before posting... I wish you all the best for a quick recovery...
Paul
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No its ok :) ...I just have to take it a little more easier, I have been having issue with my eyes for sometime, waiting for an assement to see what can me done again with sugerary, so it has been recommended to rest the eyes and not use PC as much as I usually do...but it ok to ask :)
adex1

Post by adex1 »

BaconFries wrote:No its ok :) ...I just have to take it a little more easier, I have been having issue with my eyes for sometime, waiting for an assement to see what can me done again with sugerary, so it has been recommended to rest the eyes and not use PC as much as I usually do...but it ok to ask :)
How is it and have finished it?

Just advice get a glass that is recomended if you are sitting too much in front of PC I have one (good for protecting and have headache) also always have two litres of natural water beside whenever you are sitting in front of PC.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ adex1 Sorry for not replying sooner. I do have a working version, that I have gave to a couple of other users/members for testing. They reported back to me some issues, as of lately I havent had a great deal of time to fix these. I am also having vision problems, so I am trying not to spend to many hours sitting in front of a PC working on old and new extensions, Thank you for your suggestions about not sitting too long in front of PC and making sure I have plenty fluid intake while working. Hopefully I will be able to look at the issues with this extension and fix, once this is sorted I will release for all.
adex1

Post by adex1 »

You are welcome and thank you very much. Please take your time. Cheers
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have recently started work on this extension again. The issues that were present with positioning have been ironed out. I will now need to test thoroughly before I can release. Some features I may have to remove during testing as they might not be compatible with the minicart js file. Once testing iscompletye I will need to werite a PDF file that will explain many of the features and how they are used. At present I dnt have a fibal release date but I do hope to try and release asap.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hey BC - sorry to hear about your health mate - I trust you've made a fully recovery! 8)

This is an AWESOME plug in and exactly what I needed when I did a recent eCommerce sight for a client - love the multiple fields and the cart content display - looking forward to seeing it completed (no pressure also :D) (and there is no doubt that there is a lot of us in here that overstay our computer time - me included (occupational and obsessive habit :D :roll: :oops: )
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Colin well to answer you no :( vision problems still with me. I have had an operation to the right eye to try correct Astigmatism which did work for a time but has reverted to what it was. Was prescribed spectacles with lenses that look like the bottom of glass coke bottles :lol: even tried contacts but can get used to them. So now I have been offered a corneal graft or transplant to try and solve it good, back at surgeon in new yeat to duscuss further.
Right enough thanks for your intrest in the extension. It is complete in as complete as it can get. I have testing to do, check that all functions work with the script ie the radio buttons, the editbox and the addition of external shipping (Fedx, UPS). Once all of this complete and everything is working I will offer it out for "Beta" testing to a few members who I am in contact with. If you are intrested in this I can send a pre release extension for you to test. Ok back to the grind...let me know if intrested.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hey BC - Mate, really sorry to hear that you still go ongoing medical issues with your eyes, I do hope that you get it sorted soon. :?

Yup definitely interested in the extension - my email address is on my website -refer footer link - not sure how much time I can spend on it, as I have my own website to update (always the last :D :wink: :roll: ) and an outdoors forum I built and run to upgrade, but would certainly like to look at it. 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

@BF - Just had my laser correction treatment and now slowly getting back to work. So I sort of know what you are going through, hope you get well soon.
I too would be interested in this ext.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Speedy recovery Bendigo! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Likewise get well soon mate. As soon as I can you will be one of the first I mail a demo of the extension too.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Thanks guys! Look forward to it.
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

BF Thank you for such a great ext mate! Lookig forward to it!!
KISS is the key!
jerryaycock

Post by jerryaycock »

I would like to test your mini cart. I am ready to start building a site for Saltwater fish and Coral..
I am waiting for data to input using file you sent for carousel.
thanks
Jerry
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Jerry whenever I get this finally sorted I will release the extension. I am unsure that it will work in a iframe, the reason being is that the extension use a dropdown from the top left or right in the browser window to display the cart. With that I cant say if it will display correctly as the iframe window may be too small for it to show.
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hi BF, any news regarding the extension ?

Cheers
The Cheapest Car Hire, Worldwide.

Summit Car Hire
jerryaycock

Post by jerryaycock »

BaconFries wrote:Hi Jerry whenever I get this finally sorted I will release the extension. I am unsure that it will work in a iframe, the reason being is that the extension use a dropdown from the top left or right in the browser window to display the cart. With that I cant say if it will display correctly as the iframe window may be too small for it to show.
I have 3 sites that I am currently getting together. I am going to get them online using the carousl that you sent me. With only a few items for sale. It is really funny the first one that I got after you sent me file was for saltwater and coral bus. I am currently building him ( www.jerryaycock.com ) and he is building me a 75 gal saltwater tank... Looking forward to trying your extension..
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry this extension is no longer under development....