[rz] Layers II *** UPDATED 2014-Oct-14 ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

[rz] Layers II *** UPDATED 2014-Oct-14 ***

Post by [RZ] »

[rz] Layers II - v2.1

This set of extensions allows you to easily manage layers and play a bit with them.
You can have a set of layers "widgets-like" and easily show/hide/scroll them.
Sample project file included.

DEMO

HTML 4.01 Transitional
W3C compliant

* NEW in version 2.1.0.0:

main library and extensions libraries

- Optimized detection of [rz] tools instances.
- Optimized the 3D push effect parser for buttons.
- Optimized workaround that fixes events running in background while the layer container is hidden.
- Improved fast-calls handlers (fixed a sporadic bug in repeated open/close sequences).
- Improved images preloading for (even) smoother navigation experience.
- Reduced libraries files.

oc2

- Improved fast-calls handler for ungrouped layers.
- Improved close procedure in pseudo-modal mode (related to [esc] and/or click outside of the layer to dismiss).

* NEW in version 2.0.0.2:

- Hover and push icons are optional.
- Optimized libraries for faster loading times.

* NEW in version 2.0.0.1:

This minor update resolves an unstable IE7 bug in nested hidden layers.
Fixed an introduced bug in hover/out handler.
The final HTML output is even smaller.
Loop extension is automatically shown/hidden/stopped when it is attached to OCM, OCPN.
Loop extension has an improved method to play/stop when it is attached to OCM, OCPN, PN, PND, PND2.
Advanced: new structure "object-period-function" for functions: MyObject.related_function(); (see below).
Advanced: new structure "object-period-value" for parameters: MyObject.related_status; (see below).
Advanced coding for custom startup: MyObject_some_startup_value = X; (see below).

* NEW in version 2.0.0:

All library files were optimized and moved to external and centralized files; only small setups are in the final html. This means: faster loading, less bandwidth, smaller final html.
Optimized images preloading for smoother navigation.
Push icon images (you can leave them blank, but they will be required in next versions; however, you can always reuse the same image also within the same extension).
Three exit modes in modal layers: a) By programming (see the instructions below), b) Clicking anywhere outside the modal layer or c) Pressing [Esc].
Improved sequences and steps in loops.
Direction for backward or forward cycles in grouped layers.
Optimized [rz] Button extension included in the pack, reducing the page loading by reusing common code.
Based on jQuery 1.9 with jQuery 1.7 backward compatibility.
[rz] Layers (lib) optimizes the library files loading, with an optional alert in the case that some file is missing.
Full backward compatibility with [rz] Layers 1.5+ free version.
Deprecated properties were removed.

Attention:
The [rz] Layers II free test version has a small banner, you can contact here: http://www.magnawebstudio.com for removal.
You can downgrade to v1.5+ whenever you want, just keep a copy of your previous zip file for reinstall purposes.

(more version history in rz-layers-info.txt file.)

How to use?

Depending on the selected extension (ocn/pn/pnd/pnd2/ocpn), you must have all the layers named with a common prefix, that identifies the group they are belonging to, then, numerated consecutively as follows:
group-a-1 (prefix 'group-a-', with 3 layers)
group-a-2
group-a-3
group-b-0 (prefix 'group-b-', this group has a fixed background and 2 layers)
group-b-1
group-b-2

Then, if applicable (if the selected extension manages a group of layers), indicate the number of layers that be managed.
For an optimal effect, the set of layers belonging to the same extension/purpose should be at the same x/y coordinates and have the same size.

[rz] Layers (oc)
Open/Close
This extension allows you to open and close a layer.
Advanced/custom programming available functions (i.e. for events in standard text links - or any other object that supports events):
MyObject.open() - open the layer
MyObject.close() - close the layer
MyObject.toggle() - open the layer if it is closed or close the layer if it is opened
MyObject.busy() - if returns true, the object is busy triggering other sequences
MyObject.opened - read-only: if its value is true, the related objects are opened; if false, the related objects are closed

[rz] Layers (oc2)
Open/Close (extended version)
This extension allows you to open and close a layer synchronously within a group.
Just name the group to which the layer belongs to.
Advanced/custom programming available functions (i.e. for events in standard text links - or any other object that supports events):
MyObject.open() - open synchronously the grouped layer
MyObject.close(force_close) - close the layer
MyObject.toggle() - open synchronously the grouped layer if it is closed or close the layer if it is opened
MyObject.busy() - if returns true, the object is busy triggering other sequences
Optional parameter "force_close": will close the layer even if it is busy triggering other sequences.
MyObject.opened - read-only: if its value is true, the related objects are opened; if false, the related objects are closed

[rz] Layers (ocm)
Open/Close/More
This extension allows you to open and close a group of layers.
Once you click and make visible the first layer, you can scroll through the other layers.
Advanced/custom programming available functions:
MyObject.next() - open/slide the next layer
MyObject.toggle() - open the layers set if it is closed or close the layers set if it is opened
MyObject.curr_layer - read-only: indicates the current shown layer
Programatically custom startup:
MyObject_start_layer - the layer to be first opened

[rz] Layers (pn)
Previous/Next
This extension allows you to go to the previous or the next layer (belonging to the same group).
MyObject.prev(force_loop) - open/slide the previous layer
MyObject.next(force_loop) - open/slide the next layer
Optional parameter "force_loop": you can startover the cycle also when you selected "stay on last" and/or "stay on first"; if the loop extension is attached, it also won't be affected unless this parameter is empty.

[rz] Layers (pag)
Pagination/Previous/Next
This extension allows you to go to the previous or the next layer (belonging to the same group).
Also has direct links to each page (like a panel showing access to the available layers).
MyObject.goto(layer_number) - open/slide the specified layer
Optional parameter "force_loop": you can startover the cycle also when you selected "stay on last" and/or "stay on first"; if the loop extension is attached, it also won't be affected unless this parameter is empty.
Required parameter "layer_number": programmatically go to the specified layer.

[rz] Layers (pnd)
Previous/Next/Default
This extension allows you to go to the previous or the next layer (belonging to the same group), clicking on the "go default" icon, the first layer is shown.
MyObject.dflt() - go fast to the default layer
MyObject_default_layer - indicates the start-up/go-to default layer, usually is the first opened

[rz] Layers (pnd2)
Previous/Next/Default (extended version)
This extension allows you to go to the previous or the next layer (belonging to the same group), clicking on the "go default" icon, the first layer is shown.
Also an object belonging to the first/default layer is shown or hidden when it is active or not.
MyObject.dflt() - go fast to the default layer
MyObject_default_layer - indicates the start-up/go-to default layer, usually is the first opened

[rz] Layers (ocpn)
Open/Close/Previous/Next
This extension allows you to open and close a group of scrollable layers.
You can go to the previous or the next layer (belonging to the same group).
MyObject.toggle() - open the layers set if it is closed or close the layers set if it is opened

[rz] Layers (loop)
This add-on converts "go to previous/next layer" extensions to a "loopable" cycle.
Can automatically or manually start the cycle. Just point to the extension to be "converted".
MyObject.play() - start the looping sequence
MyObject.stop() - stop the looping sequence
MyObject.toggle() - start the layers set looping if it is stoped or stop the layers set looping if it is started
MyObject.started - read-only: indicates that the sequence started and is running

[rz] Layers (shake)
This extension allows you to shake a layer when you click on an icon or the mouse is over it.
It is useful when you need the user's attention.

[rz] Layers (btn)
This lightweight extension allows you to setup an image button with ease.
Similar to the rollover extension; no jQuery effects, but this image button can receive focus, support events and many link options.

[rz] Layers (lib)
This extension must be included in the page you are using the listed extensions.
Just enter which code you want to include or remove.
You can disable the missing-library alert in your final site.
That's all.

Hope you can find them useful.
Enjoy!
Last edited by [RZ] on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BaconFries

Re: [rz] Layers II

Post by BaconFries »

@[rz] is this a "Paid Extension" ?? if not can you please repost in the correct section of the forum please...BF
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@BF
Attention:
The [rz] Layers II free test version has a small banner, you can contact here: www.magnawebstudio.com for removal.
You can downgrade to v1.5+ whenever you want, just keep a copy of your previous zip file for reinstall purposes.
this means:
you should contact for banner removal (if it is published in the paid extensions section, usually means upon fee)
also means:
i'm not forcing to upgrade, you can downgrade and you won't lose nothing and can continue working as usual
;)

yes, i can understand you, i'm used to release only free extensions, right?
well, i'm doing an experiment...
:)

cheers bf, take care, hope your wealth is going better!
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello [rz],

Thanks for the info you sent me.
I tried the extension, but, I don't know if I am missing something here, I had a project under construction which uses oc2 as menu (on hover it displays the layer), but moving the mouse to the layer closes the layer. It was working with the latest version of the extension (1.6.6 or 1.6.7 I really don't know which one I have).

Thank you.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

Yes
It is already solved and also new features are ready
Keep posted
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Layers II *** UPDATED Jun-24-2013 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* NEW in version 2.0.0.1:

This minor update resolves an unstable IE7 bug in nested hidden layers.
Fixed an introduced bug in hover/out handler.
The final HTML output is even smaller.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

I am eager to buy this version :)
Did you get my last email regarding how to pay and other stuff?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hi
you can click on the links in the signature
i will recheck if there are pending mails
thanks
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

- the quick reference guide was updated, please refer in full to the first post.
- users that already generously contributed will privately receive the last tweaks until the next update is ready.
- the free previous version (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45904) will still be supported.

thank you for your support!
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Layers II *** UPDATED 2014-Oct-14 ***

Post by [RZ] »

UPGRADE AVAILABLE

* NEW in version 2.1.0.0:

main library and extensions libraries

- Optimized detection of [rz] tools instances.
- Optimized the 3D push effect parser for buttons.
- Optimized workaround that fixes events running in background while the layer container is hidden.
- Improved fast-calls handlers (fixed a sporadic bug in repeated open/close sequences).
- Improved images preloading for (even) smoother navigation experience.
- Reduced libraries files.

oc2

- Improved fast-calls handler for ungrouped layers.
- Improved close procedure in pseudo-modal mode (related to [esc] and/or click outside of the layer to dismiss).

* NEW in version 2.0.0.2:

- Hover and push icons are optional.
- Optimized libraries for faster loading times.
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

The demo doesn't seem to work [Rz] ??

http://www.magnawebstudio.com/demo/layers/

Can you check this please ;)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

thank you for reporting the broken link!
it was restored and the demo is now available
apologies...
necko77

Post by necko77 »

Hello,

As i'm beginner i have problem that i can't solve so please assist !

I'm trying to use LAYERS2 with pagination...
I create layers and put text in them...
i insert layers lib and adjust as needed.

i wrote text in html text box extension for webbuilder9
When i preview this i get messed text in layer pagination /formating is lost, bulleted list wrong)
If I don't use rc layer 2 extension and preview layer with html text box, everything works fine...
Check out pic problem 1
problem1.jpg

Thx for your time

NEcko
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

please note that i already sent you a mail answering your questions
check your spambox just in case...
necko77

Post by necko77 »

You know everything in this area (web building,programming, English language) better then me but I found out that if i want to use HTML text box in LAYER and your extension I have to get rid off lost formatting of text. That matters ! So i copied text to notepad and back to textbox, add formating, add bullets and volaaaaa...it works and looks great ! So i don't have that problem anymore.

Your extension works now !

write this down somewhere and if someone asks you similar question....help him !

Keep in touch
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

never copy formatted text to any object
always copy it to a standard notepad (no formatting at all) and then copy from there to wb
i'm really glad to know that all is working fine and as expected at your end
when you have some time and your project is finished, please post it so as we can see what you have done!
with regards,