Multi Language support

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Magical

Multi Language support

Post by Magical »

Greetings,

I have a request to create a website both in English and Spanish. For users who prefer Spanish they should be able to switch.

Do I need to create 2 sites? Just interested in knowing how our community handles it.

Thanking you in advance for your feedback.
BaconFries

Re: Multi Language support

Post by BaconFries »

You can do this simply by creating two versions within the program one Spanish and one English. As the Spanish will be the main site used you can then place the English in its own folder.like and upload to the same server.

In each version you would place a small flag for each and when clicked/selected it with take you to either. Then is a couple of extensions available see the links below. If you are meaning a separate 'Forum' then I don't think this is possible due to who would moderate it? also what about other users who don't speak or fully understand English do they have a 'Forum' of their own and again who will moderate it?.

See the following extensions
From Pablo
Language Text
From [rz] (Paid)
Multi Site
Magical

Re: Multi Language support

Post by Magical »

No its not a forum. It is an rental apartment portal. So restricted audience, but they have almost 50% Spanish tenements. They wanted the ability to switch to Spanish for some tenants.

Fresh requirements - they want to specify language in their profile. So when they logon if they have Spanish as the language of choice the only see the Spanish version site. But they also want an option to toggle back and forth, their customer service should have the ability to switch to either site to assist callers.

Thanks for the extensions - I will look into it. My flow is as follows:

User logs in
Login successful
read profile
set language cookie
navigate in preferred language

User logs in
Login unsuccessful
read a cookie to determine preferred
show error message and instruction for password reset or username query in preferred language

User calls customer service
Operator determines the users preferred language
is able to assist the user by looking at the site in their preferred language and walking them through it.