Objects moving off page not accessible

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Little Owl

Objects moving off page not accessible

Post by Little Owl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 am

Hi,

I seem to have this issue all the time regardless of which site I'm working on. In both WWB12 & WWB14.

I place any image,text, shape etc on a footer in any breakpoint view.
When I go to any other breakpoint the object is either hidden or off the page to the far right. I can only find it by turning on object outlines & minimising the page.

Once located I cannot select it by clicking on it or by selecting it in the objects manager.

I have tried footer both in front or behind page content & it makes no difference.

Only way to gain control over it is in the objects manager, right click & select 'reset position' which makes the object in question appear at the left of the screen & allows me to select it.

Any tips for how to stop this happening?

Thanks. :)

Pablo

Re: Objects moving off page not accessible

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 am

If you add a new object to the page then it will be hidden in other breakpoints by default.
You can control this behavior in Tools->Options->General->Hide new objects...

The size and position of the new object will be the location where the object was inserted, but of of course there is no way for the software to know where you want to position the new object in other breakpoints.
Also, if the layout is completely different then it may end up outside the viewport.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:37 am

But it also happens when I have created a new default view 1920 page with footer & for example social media icons in place, then if I create a new breakpoint the footer adapts size but the icons stay in the same position they started in way off to the side & off the page.

So it's not just with items that are added after the breakpoints are already in place.

It's like the footer content does not associate itself with the footer, yet if I use one of your block footers the icons on it move with it to new breakpoints.

Is it because you use a different container such as a flex grid instead of the footer object?

How do you make the footer content always stay within the footer like in your block footers is my question?

Thanks.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 am

How do you make the footer content always stay within the footer like in your block footers is my question?
The content is inside the footer. However, if the footer has a different size or position in a breakpoint then the content may not be inside the viewport. The content does not automatically reposition itself because it has a absolute/fixed position, unless it is part of a layout grid.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Ok thanks.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:44 pm

One further question.

If I use your block footer which is much easier than having to adjust all the footer content in every breakpoint for the standard footer object considering the issue with not being able to easily select it, is there a way to make the block footer attach to the bottom of the page in WWB whilst designing the web site in the same way the footer object does?

I notice on preview that the block footer appears at the bottom of the page regardless of page length in WWB. So that is a good & doesn't leave unintended white space below the footer.

Thanks.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 am

Which blocks did you use?

Note that if the blocks uses a layout grid then it cannot attach itself to the bottom, because then it's just a floating element on the page.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:34 pm

I used the red footer block - basic footer. It's in a flex box I think which as you say is floating & not fixed position but I wasn't sure if it could be made to stay at the bottom during the design process.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Sorry, the same is true for flexbox. It will always be added after the previous floating item.