Sites getting kicked off of Adwords

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
waynethetodd

Sites getting kicked off of Adwords

Post by waynethetodd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Hey everyone. I've recently been having our sites built in Wb14 kicked off Adwords for malicious links. We host around 7 sites, and we are slowly in the process of using WB14 to update their look. However, every time we upload a new site, it gets flagged for malicious links. The other sites not built in WB14 all work fine. I've run the site through screaming frog/virustotal and they all say the site is safe

Here is my project files

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qhhfzabzm ... p.zip/file

BaconFries

Re: Sites getting kicked off of Adwords

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:20 pm

I've recently been having our sites built in Wb14 kicked off Adwords for malicious links.
The software does not add any malicious adword links in anyway what so ever. They could only have been added by yourself as adword is not part of the software it is related to 'Google'. Maybe your host or site has been compromised?

waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Oh man. I have absolutely no idea how to remedy this situation..

It just seems REALLY odd to me that of the 7 websites, the only two that got flagged by Google are the two recently edited in this software. I've scoured the html/css/javascript for the link, they even sent me exactly what the link was, and the link does NOT exist on my webpage.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Well I can personally say in all the 11 years of use I have never had a issue like this. I would personally delete everything from your server, ask your host to reboot if possible, then upload a fresh copy and see if it still persists.

waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Yeah I'm in contact with my host right now. I will try this and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:03 pm

The software will not add malicious links or other malicious code to your website!
You are in full control over all the links, that are added to your pages.

You can easily verify this yourself by looking at the generated code or ask anyone else who knows something about HTML.

ConsciouSince2017

Post by ConsciouSince2017 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:24 pm

it's probably a lack of 'nofollow' link attribute in the href or something like that. Google is very sensitive about how you spam their directory using 'link juice' tricks. This is unintentional on your part, of course, but is there a possibility you can post a link to your site so I can look at it? I downloaded your file but I'm on version 12.5, ...can't open version 14!

Or do a screen grab of the html near the line of code which contains your link (browser>right-click>View Source) and post here, if possible? :D

The part that isn't clear is when you said:
they even sent me exactly what the link was, and the link does NOT exist on my webpage.

waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:48 pm

the link is www.decalsminnesota.com

what i meant by the confusing part was that they link that they "found" on my site isnt ANYWHERE when I inspect my sites code.

it is a really, REALLY random link that has nothing to do with my sites content.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Where exactly on your website do I need to look to see the link?

andyp

Post by andyp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:10 pm

I had this several years ago... in fact so long I can only just remember it.

I think that somehow a file was placed within my web hosting server... so an easy way to eliminate this is have a look to see what files are on your hosting account. If you don't recognise something then delete it.

I think there was a rogue text file...
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk

ConsciouSince2017

Post by ConsciouSince2017 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:59 am

Beats me! I spent about 20 minutes online searching for solutions. Not something that is straightforward. You can try contacting your web host company and tell them you suspect your site might have been hacked, as you have received a message from Google that you have malicious files and you can't find them. Your hosting company might look into it from their side.

Potential sources of malware:

Using a third party plugin that has been compromised can create a malicious link hidden in it.

Images can hide malicious files.

If someone hacked your hosting account and is performing a phishing attack, try changing your password. I don't see anything on your site that looks like you might have used a plugin, except for that image gallery on the home page. If the photo gallery was not an extension/plugin included with WWB14, try using one that was.

some sources I visited:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... TIzgfVQaJs
https://developers.google.com/web/funda ... est_review

Hope you figure it out. Let us know what you found, please. It can help others with the same issue in the future.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am

One possible reason for this is that your site has been infected with malware. It could have been easily infected by the upload system you have that allows anyone to upload files in images/pdfs. It is quite easy to embed malicious code (malware) in images so I would maybe have a rethink about this on your site. I would probably suggest deleting everything and do a complete new upload and also reconsider having the upload feature and replace it with say a form that the user can send the image to you instead.

waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. We've decided to completely move off of our current host and onto a new provider. We think it's malware in our hosting enviornment

ConsciouSince2017

Post by ConsciouSince2017 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Let us know if that fixed it. Sounds like a nightmare situation for both the website owner and you as the designer trying to fix this. Hope things work out.