Menu items keep duplicating

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
jeff47401

Menu items keep duplicating

Post by jeff47401 »

Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I did a search and did not find anything.

When I add a Navigation Bar type menu to my website, it looks fine until I preview it, then it shows two of each menu item. Each menu item works (links to the right places) but each item is duplicated. When I check the menu attributes, everything is fine. I can't seem to wrap my head around why this is happening. I've deleted the menu and rebuilt it with the same results. Any ideas?
BaconFries

Re: Menu items keep duplicating

Post by BaconFries »

Have you published all files? When posting it is always best to provide a url so we can view and help.
jeff47401

Post by jeff47401 »

So far, I've only used the preview. I don't want to publish it until I have all the bugs worked out (it replaces an existing web page).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Please publish the page to a temporary location or share the project file.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Without seeing what you have done it is difficult to help you. Please uploaded to a temporary folder on your site so we can view.
jeff47401

Post by jeff47401 »

I've published the site here

http://kk9p.rf.gd/Index.html

Observations: When I publish only the single home page, it's fine. When I publish the entire site, I get double items on the menu, which is what I'm seeing when I preview it in WWB14. I've tried refreshing the site to no avail. I have also rebuilt the home page from scratch and still get the same results.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but I cannot access your website, it was blocked by my virus scanner. There was a malware warning.

Please share the project file so I can see your settings.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok first the menu isnt duplicating itself, what you are seeing is required one image is used to show the first (Blue) and the second to show the hover (White). You also have two index.css files this will cause a conflict.
I would say that you should first remove all (custom) code you have manually added yourself as it may break the phage, I would also check that all files are uploaded to your host/server looks like there are some missing (all jquery) Once you have done this you can try again.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If there are two index.css files then you have most likely named your project 'index', so there is naming conflict with the page (which is also called 'index').

See also Menu -> Page -> Error Reports.