Links not working correctly

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
malolo

Links not working correctly

Post by malolo »

On my index page I have a link to another page entitled PNG and Pacific Designs. When I try to use this link in preview all I get is the correct page with the correct background colour but neither text nor images. Capitalization and spellings are all correct.
When I try to preview the site in the default browser the link tells me that Firefox cannot find the file at --- and then gives a long address.
Any suggestions. Previously my site was working perfectly but when I added the Google analytics code things went horribly wrong.
Jack Fenton
www.malolofabrics.com
Pablo

Re: Links not working correctly

Post by Pablo »

The code you have added is in the wrong place. There should not be any code at the start of the page. This makes the entire page invalid.
Google analytics code must be added between the head tags.
malolo

Post by malolo »

The Analytics code has now been placed between the head tags as you suggested but the problem still remains. When I try to preview the site in my Firefox browser I get the message that Firefox cannot find the file. What do I do now? Only the page name and backgrund colours are being transferred but still no text or images.
Malolo
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The invalid code is still after start of the page (and now also between the heard tags).
Please remove the code at the start of the page.
malolo

Post by malolo »

The code at the start of the pages has been removed but the problem still remains. I get a blank page with no text or images when I click on either of the links on the index page' The link to thee banner to my Spoonflower shop works O K and always has..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The linked pages also contain invalid/incomplete code.

Please remove (or fix) all manually added code on all pages.
malolo

Post by malolo »

Problem solved. Thank you for your help. My website is working as it should and I have re-installed the Google analytics code which is also doing its job. Many thanks again.
Malolo