Object Manager

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Post Reply
User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Thu May 30, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi
If I add two new breakpoints (768 & 374) and then work on them adding layers and such but then come
to remove them. Should the object manager remove the entry's from the deleted breakpoints? because I have a odd
thing happening i did do the above but still have items which relate to the deleted breakpoints. I also have on the Layer
showing on the "Default" page that was on the 768 breakpoint which no longer exists. any pointers you can give me on this?

Update...
i have just uploaded the site again and this time the layer from 768 is not showing.
but I still have the old layers listed in the Object Manager.
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Thu May 30, 2019 8:11 pm

All objects are shared between breakpoints, because breakpoints are just different views of the same page.
So, if you remove an object from the page then it will be removed from all views.
If you hide an object then you may see it on one breakpoint but not on others.

Note that without seeing what you have done it will be difficult to help you.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Pablo wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:11 pm
All objects are shared between breakpoints, because breakpoints are just different views of the same page.
So, if you remove an object from the page then it will be removed from all views.
If you hide an object then you may see it on one breakpoint but not on others.

Note that without seeing what you have done it will be difficult to help you.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
Hi Pablo - thanks for your reply, i understand what you say - and i will get the site ready
to upload so you can view it. But can I ask you 2 questions.

1) Do you need to setup the breakpoints at the start of the project/build or can you add them at anytime?
2) If working on Breakpoint 768 and with a object you use the "Hide from other Breakpoints"
why would that object also show up on the Default breakpoint?
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 am

1. Do you need to setup the breakpoints at the start of the project/build or can you add them at anytime?
You can add breakpoints at anytime
2) If working on Breakpoint 768 and with a object you use the "Hide from other Breakpoints"
why would that object also show up on the Default breakpoint?
The default view is not a breakpoint.

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 am
1. Do you need to setup the breakpoints at the start of the project/build or can you add them at anytime?
You can add breakpoints at anytime
2) If working on Breakpoint 768 and with a object you use the "Hide from other Breakpoints"
why would that object also show up on the Default breakpoint?
The default view is not a breakpoint.
Hi Pablo - I have upload the project to - testing.mavuk08.co.uk
on the default page you have one Layer & no text. on breakpoint 768 you have 1 Layer and 3 Banners.
if you preview the project you get text running across the page which is isn't on breakpoint 768.
hope you find this helpful.
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 am

I'm sorry, I am still confused.
What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 11:04 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 am
I'm sorry, I am still confused.
What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
I think I have worked this out - (maybe I'm wrong but it has sorted the problem out)

I had setup 2 Breakpoints one at 375 and the other at 768, each one where blank to start with
moved onto the 768 and inserted a few objects then using the "Hide from other Breakpoints"
worked on that breakpoint till it was ready to preview. When Previewing 3 items from 768
was showing (so I thought I must had missed using the "Hide from other Breakpoints" option on them.
So went back and update the objects.) Went to preview and the Objects where still showing. Trying a few things and
then just giving up - I deleted the 768 breakpoint thinking that starting a fresh would do the trick. but once
deleted I did a preview and still got the objects showing. what I found is within the Object Manager the objects from
the deleted breakpoint was still showing? So I deleted them and everything was returned to normal before setting up the 768 breakpoint.

So is it me missing something out? or something with the program?
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 11:17 am

Does the project you have shared have this problem?
To which objects is this related?
Why did you use nested layers?

Note that on the banner you have used text animation which affect the visibility (fade in), so they will be displayed on all breakpoints.

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 11:58 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:17 am
Does the project you have shared have this problem?
To which objects is this related?
Why did you use nested layers?

Note that on the banner you have used text animation which affect the visibility (fade in), so they will be displayed on all breakpoints.
Does the project you have shared have this problem? - yes
To which objects is this related? - that's one of the problems, I can't find the objects, even if I set to options to "Display all"
Why did you use nested layers? - improve or match the image (can you not use nested layers?)
Note that on the banner you have used text animation which affect the visibility (fade in), so they will be displayed on all breakpoints. - even if I use "Hide from other Breakpoints"?

Why is it when I delete a breakpoint the object manager still lists the objects from the deleted breakpoint and I have to manually remove the objects to get the default page showing correctly?

thanks for your help on this Pablo.
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm

can you not use nested layers?
Yes, but I do not see the logic.
even if I use "Hide from other Breakpoints"?
yes! Animations apply to all breakpoints.
Why is it when I delete a breakpoint the object manager still lists the objects from the deleted breakpoint and I have to manually remove the objects to get the default page showing correctly?
Because all objects are part of the same page.
A breakpoints is just another view of the same page. Only there visible state (and maybe the style) is different.
Removing a breakpoint will not remove objects.

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
can you not use nested layers?
Yes, but I do not see the logic.
even if I use "Hide from other Breakpoints"?
yes! Animations apply to all breakpoints.
Why is it when I delete a breakpoint the object manager still lists the objects from the deleted breakpoint and I have to manually remove the objects to get the default page showing correctly?
Because all objects are part of the same page.
A breakpoints is just another view of the same page. Only there visible state (and maybe the style) is different.
Removing a breakpoint will not remove objects.
Ok thanks for your help, maybe I'm reading it wrong on how your breakpoints work - sorry for the confusion.
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm

What did you expect to happen?

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm
What did you expect to happen?
I thought there would be more independent entities per breakpoint.
but you have explained your logic behind them - its me expecting more out of the product then it has.
don't get me wrong, I still think its the best thing since sliced bread!

thanks again Pablo..
Thanks & regards
Martin....

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17647
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Object Manager

Post by Pablo » Fri May 31, 2019 1:04 pm

but you have explained your logic behind them - its me expecting more out of the product then it has.
This has nothing to do with the application! This is just how HTML/CSS works.

User avatar
MartinPorter
 
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: Object Manager

Post by MartinPorter » Fri May 31, 2019 1:17 pm

Pablo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:04 pm
but you have explained your logic behind them - its me expecting more out of the product then it has.
This has nothing to do with the application! This is just how HTML/CSS works.
you have now put me on the right road my mistake.
Thanks & regards
Martin....

Post Reply