Objects shift to the right

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Ron Marshall

Objects shift to the right

Post by Ron Marshall »

I have a page that consists of a background image, a navigation bar, and a text box. When I publish the page the navigation bar and the text box shift to the right and move off the background image. I have another similar page that behaves correctly and another page similar page that shifts to the right. I cannot see a difference between the pages and locking has no effect. I welcome any suggestions.
WWBman

Re: Objects shift to the right

Post by WWBman »

This may be caused by some pages having a scroll bar and others with no scroll bar.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What is the URL of the page so I can see if there is anything wrong?
Ron Marshall

Post by Ron Marshall »

Since it was an operational webpage for my Sunday school class I removed the background images which seemed to fix the problem. The webpage is https://covenantclass.org/ . The Home page works fine. I had background images for the Covenant and About pages and that worked for a time, then the text and background images disappeared from those pages. I rebuilt those pages and ran into the right shift problem. The background images are wider on the problem pages and that may have something to do with it. The program acts like when published the page is wider than it really is. Thanks for your help.
Ron Marshall

Post by Ron Marshall »

There is no built in scroll bar.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can you please tell me exactly where to look to see the problem?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Can you please say what version of the software you are using. On viewing the source code it shows that it was made with WB9. Please note that WB9 is no longer supported as the generated code may not be compatible with today's modern browsers. I also noticed that the image used for your background hasn't be inserted correctly.
If you wish to display a image in the background go to Page Properties->Style->Background and select image from the drop down then in image browse to were the image is and insert.
Ron Marshall

Post by Ron Marshall »

I am using version 14. As I said I removed the background images from the Covenant and About problem pages since it is an operational webpage. I had used the method BaconFries described to load the background images in the problem pages. I don't remember how I loaded the background image in the Home page, but since the home page actually works I don't want to mess with it. The problem is not visible in the current Covenant and About pages since the background images have been removed.