New machine publishing problems with fancybox

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Trevor Johnson

New machine publishing problems with fancybox

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Hi Pablo,
I've recently upgraded to v15.2.1 on a second laptop but now I can't publish my new page, the log has a line which says 'Unable to open file C:\Users\tbjmo\AppData\Local\Temp\~publish\fancybox\fancybox'. I have checked and indeed there is no AppData folder in the location. A similar upload succeeds on my old machine running 15.1.0.
I've read in the forum that it may be that the js version is incorrect but then can't understand why it's o.k. on one machine but not another, How do I get the required files onto this machine, publish the whole site again?
Thanks.
Pablo

Re: New machine publishing problems with fancybox

Post by Pablo »

Did you install the complete application and move all your files (Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder) to the new computer?
If yes, then maybe your firewall, virus scanner or ransomware protection blocks the files?
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Thanks Pablo,
I remembered something else I had seen on the forum and so I changed the Publish options to Winsock and that worked. I later changed it back to Wininet and it still works so I assume that this has put the necessary files in the correct place. Does that sound a permanent solution?
Trevor.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Changing the FTP engine will not have any affect on where files will be saved.
But good to hear that it now works.
startvsem_ru

Post by startvsem_ru »

Hello! I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my English. I have the same problem and there's nothing I can do. Issues that there is no such file and all. Changing the FTP engine does not help. What to do, Pablo, please help. If you do not mind you can write to me on email - mail@startvsem.ru
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What is the exact problem?
Can you please be more specific?
startvsem_ru

Post by startvsem_ru »

The site is not uploaded to FTP the same error as the guy who wrote above. Tried everything. I tried reinstalling the program. Not help. Everything on the screenshot you can see
https://startvsem.ru/wb15.png
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you install the complete application and move all your files (Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder) to the new computer?
If yes, then maybe your firewall, virus scanner or ransomware protection blocks the files?