Youtube video not displaying in Firefox Android

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
code2

Youtube video not displaying in Firefox Android

Post by code2 »

Has anyone had problems with playing Youtube videos in Firefox for Android ?

I have a page I have just developed in WYSIWYG for the Corona Virus Pandemic in Australia.

It works as expected on a Windows 10 Desktop using Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

The page also works fine using the iOS versions of Firefox and Chrome and the Android versions of Chrome, Firefox Focus and InBroswer.

However, when using Firefox for Android the screen seams to present the thumbnail of the Youtube video and then the containing object just goes blank. This occurs using the YouTube Object and the Card Object.

Just wondering if this problem was a common issue.

https://targe.com.au/videos.html

Thanks in advance.
BaconFries

Re: Youtube video not displaying in Firefox Android

Post by BaconFries »

Using Firefox Android....

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The functionality of the YouTube player is implemented on the YouTube servers.
WWB has no control over how this works.

However, usually problems like this are related to the browser.
Did you clear the browser cache?
code2

Post by code2 »

Thank you, it seems to work for you without issue.

I did everything except uninstall and re-install the App: cleared cache and tried adjusting other settings.

After seeing your screen shot, I’m wondering if is perhaps something to do with the make of mobile handset (HTC). But on would have thought Android 9 was Android 9 anywhere.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi I have viewed the url with Firefox with Android 9 and 10 and both play the video(s) without issue.
code2

Post by code2 »

Ok. Thanks for testing it for me. :D
alexmasss

Post by alexmasss »

Android 10+Firefox ok, it opens with no issue

PS: Don't forget to delete "Videos may not work with Firefox or Firefox Focus on some mobile devices. Use an alternative mobile browser."
code2

Post by code2 »

If your referring to the advisory text on my website, sorry I can’t do that because videos are still not displaying correctly on my HTC Android mobile handset. The output renders the image from YouTube, shows the buttons just like it does on Firefox iOS and Desktop but then disappears to leave an empty, non-functioning object on screen (not even a hidden tap if that makes sense).

I have since tried every alternative player from Web Builder extensions in testing and none have responsive web design features in Layout Grid or Flex Container. The extensions all work in a fashion but don’t render well in RWD.

So I can only use YouTube Video Object and Card Object. I will test later today if the HTML5 Video Player might work but then I need to store the videos on the hosting server, which present other issues.

It is all very strange but at this stage, I just have to assume that the videos may not display correctly with Firefox for Android on some mobile devices.

I really, really love the product and have been using it from version 4 but on some rare occasions it does not do what one expects.

I have a whole lot of user data in Firefox on my Android mobile handset. I can’t save them and thus would have to rebuild if I uninstall the app and reinstall to test for possible corruptions but will do it in a few days if needed.

See how it goes.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I really, really love the product and have been using it from version 4 but on some rare occasions it does not do what one expects.
This issue has nothing to do with the application.
YouTube videos are played via the YouTube server. In the application you only tell where to display the video.
alexmasss

Post by alexmasss »

Just for curiosity, give it a try
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/unitegallery.html
It also supports RWD.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thanks all.

I will give unitegallery another try. But it wasn’t behaving for me the other day inside a layout grid or flex grid. I’ll play some more.

For yourself and BaconFries, I ended up uninstalling Firefox on my Android and re-installing and now the videos at least stay on the screen and play. I have a high end HTC but it still has some odd behaviour like freezing the screen rotation and need a reboot. However, the videos are playing and that’s the main thing. Looks like I’ll need to get a newer handset in the not too distant future.