File tab page takes a long time to load

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
hj5150

File tab page takes a long time to load

Post by hj5150 »

I've been using Version:12 since 2017 flawlessly. 3 days ago I decided to upgrade to Ver15. I installed it and activated it on the same PC, and when I click on the the "File" tab, it takes between 2 minutes 8 seconds to 3 min 38 sec to load that screen! Even though my PC is 64 bit, I uninstalled the 64 bit ver and installed the 32 bit version to give that a try. Still no difference. I've turned off my firewall and Antivirus all to no avail. I even uninstalled ver 15 and re installed my old ver 12, and now THAT is also doing the same thing? All my windows updates have been installed and the user has administrator rights. I've downloaded the Zip file from the website again to eliminate a "bad" download just in case, and of course that also had no affect. This is a Windows 10 OS.

Any suggestions to help me fix this issue?

Thanks,
HJ
Pablo

Re: File tab page takes a long time to load

Post by Pablo »

First note that the file window is standard Window functionality, so I as a developer I have no control over how it works .
Also, no one else has reported any issues with this functionality.

Maybe you have a long list of recently used files?
You can clear it via the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15\Recent File List

or else maybe your antivirus is trying to scan the files?
Did you add webbuilder.exe to the exception list?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

You aren't running any heavy (video)editing software at the same time, right?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
hj5150

Post by hj5150 »

Pablo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:44 pm First note that the file window is standard Window functionality, so I as a developer I have no control over how it works .
Also, no one else has reported any issues with this functionality.

Maybe you have a long list of recently used files?
You can clear it via the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15\Recent File List

or else maybe your antivirus is trying to scan the files?
Did you add webbuilder.exe to the exception list?
Clearing the registry WORKED! Thanks. For the record, i even uninstalled my AV and that didn't make a difference but, clearing the registry worked!

Thank you!
HJ
brynj

Post by brynj »

There really should be some built in ability to clear recent list so people do not have to dive into the registry ..............
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that this is standard Windows functionality. This is not specific to WWB.
brynj

Post by brynj »

I see someone has written something to do this (stand-alone) and they are selling it - so it is obviously possible ?

The entries are added when using WYSIWYG so why can they not be deleted in WYSIWYG (and the registry at the same time) ?

I have to accept when you say you cannot do it, but seems strange.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I could have been that the entry in the registry had become corrupted. How many files were in there?

Alan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The entries are added when using WYSIWYG so why can they not be deleted in WYSIWYG (and the registry at the same time) ?
I did not say I cannot do this, but it's standard Windows feature. I did not implement this functionality. It works the same as in other Windows applications.
The registry entries are added and management by Windows, not by WWB.
Technically, WWB could edit the registry, however I am not sure if this functionality should be part of the application itself. It may be risky for an application make changes directly to the registry.
But you can post suggestions in the "Suggestions' section of this forum. If more users find this useful then I will consider adding it to a future version.
hj5150

Post by hj5150 »

alan_sh wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 am I could have been that the entry in the registry had become corrupted. How many files were in there?

Alan
There were only about 10 or so files from each version (ver12 & ver15)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe there were some files that no longer existed or on a network drive?
When the MRU list is loaded, Windows will try to get information about the file (like the icon). if the file is not reachable this may take some time, depending in network timeout of your system.
But again, please note that this has nothing to do with the software. This logic is not part of WWB.
hj5150

Post by hj5150 »

Pablo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:12 pm Maybe there were some files that no longer existed or on a network drive?
When the MRU list is loaded, Windows will try to get information about the file (like the icon). if the file is not reachable this may take some time, depending in network timeout of your system.
But again, please note that this has nothing to do with the software. This logic is not part of WWB.
All files were local.
I'm sure this was just one of those things that unexpectedly happened. I've been doing IT stuff for 30+ years and I tell folks "if computers functioned the way they were designed to, I"d be unemployed."

Thanks again,
HJ
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, I was just trying to help :?
hj5150

Post by hj5150 »

Pablo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:45 pm Sorry, I was just trying to help :?

You did, thank you! :-)