Layout grid odd results on index page

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
davidsho

Layout grid odd results on index page

Post by davidsho »

Help please!! File is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwlk43sdbei6v ... t.wbs?dl=0

The index page is built with Layout Grids. It previews fine but when I publish, in the third griddown, the text is up and at the left margin, even though there is supposed to be a column to the left of it, and the image if far below and far right; they should be next to each other in the center. In the file, the page "page1" is a clone of the index page but it renders properly when published. What have I done?
Pablo

Re: Layout grid odd results on index page

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you did not publish all files?
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Not sure I understand. I published all of the files that are not marked "do not publish." Whole site it here: pbstusdios.com. Of course, the project I attached has only the affected pages per the instructions.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I see no difference between preview and the published files.

1. If you are publishing online and then checking it, make sure to refresh your browser to make sure you are not viewing an old cached page. Hitting control F5 will do a hard refresh and reload everything new.

2. When I viewed your project, I noticed the published settings were set to "Publish HTML files only" and I would change it to 'Publish all files".
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Crispy68, Thanks for the reply. It was a cache problem. There is so much I don't know. I thought refreshing or or closing and reopening the browser would clear the cache but apparently not, even though I was seeing new content. Anyway, the Ctrl F5 trick did it. Thanks.

Your point about publishing html only is also well taken, and perhaps that in what Pablo meant as well in his reply. I had changed that setting after I made the demo project, however. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Thank you both!
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Perhaps it is time to make a sticky thread of common mistakes people make with WWB (or web design in general) such as clear the cache, make sure image names conform to WWB requirements, publish the correct files/pages to the correct location, etc. (there must be a few more). Might be helpful for newbies and old hands as well at times.