Horizontal alignment in Layout & Flex Grid

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
lpug

Horizontal alignment in Layout & Flex Grid

Post by lpug »

This topic is realted to this post viewtopic.php?t=94347
I'm still have difficulties and this is the number issue I always stumble across. I have provided a basic demo with 4 options, 2 using layout grids and 2 using flex grids.
Alignment in both design view and preview mode dont match, I want the logo and text to be horizontally centre beside each other.
The first option in a grid has arial font and it appears to align ok if I use margins, howver in proview mode its not quite central(I can live with that)
Second option is same as first but with the font I'm building my website with (Archivo Narrow) doesnt matter what I do I cannot get this aligned, if you put margins/padding around it makes the grid so much bigger than it suppose to be.
3rd & 4th options use the flex grid, I dont have to much exprience with these but regardless still struggling.

I have disabled full width for both objects for all options.

Should I may be using a non responsive layer, if so would that defeat the purpose as it will require so many more breakpoints.

Demo https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkH9C6w0oL9tiwvIijS ... C?e=57HH8a
Pablo

Re: Horizontal alignment in Layout & Flex Grid

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, it is not clear to mean what you are trying to do.
Firstly, do you mean horizontal or vertical alignment?

What do you want it to look like?
Also, I am not sure how is this related to the font?
lpug

Post by lpug »

What i want to do is position the logo and text beside each other central within the grid vertical

Not all fonts are vertically centralised within the text box...see my examples. If you add padding or margins it makes cell grid much larger than necessary
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What i want to do is position the logo and text beside each other central within the grid vertical
To center objects horizontally, select the column and set the alignment to 'center'

All fonts are handled the same way the same way by WWB. If the font behaves different on your computer then it may be related to the font itself. WWB does not apply any logic to fonts. They will be published "AS IS"

If you need further assistance then please try to be more specific.
lpug

Post by lpug »

Thanks Pablo, not sure how more specific I can be....I thought the demo was self explanatory.

If you have time to look at the demo, the second layout grid has a logo and text. All I want is to align both objects side by side(in a straight line) but centralised vertically

Thanks for your support
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have look at the demo, but it's not clear for me what the problem is.
Everything seems to be working.

Can you please explain what you see and what you want to see different?