PHP Calendar with MYSQL database

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Eddy

PHP Calendar with MYSQL database

Post by Eddy »

PHP Calendar Basic.

A free and easy to use PHP Calendar with MYSQL database.
You may choose whether to let people post events or add them yourself

I have changed the css so that you can use gradient png images for a custom layout.
Make your own custom images 120 width x160 height or bigger.
I have in the properties made settings for the textsize,textcolors and background colors for the popups.

In the calendar you can type a link www.google.com but it wil not work as a link because all html
wil removed to protect that people can execute scripts on your server.

Developer.
http://www.kubelabs.com/phpcalendar/

The Original Demo.
http://demos.kubelabs.com/php_calendar/

Download calendar for WB 6.5.(Please read the included pdf)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xmmwenwit ... dar_65.zip

* Updated the pdf.
Insert the calendar in a folder in webbuilder and name the calendar page index.php

Please let me know if this calendar is usefull :wink:
Last edited by Eddy on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thx Eddy looks great good work as always....
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Perfect timing Eddy. I have a client this is perfect for. Nice work.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

If you client have to insert more than 5 or 6 items for the same day than make the layout images 120x160 for example 150x250 or bigger.

I have made them not to big for fast loading times.
You have to change three images for the layout.
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

Nice work Eddy. Thanks alot....
star57

Post by star57 »

Thanks Eddy
Last edited by star57 on Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
protectourlands

I'm having trouble after I install and then remove the install.php file

I'm then instructed to click on continue, but I get NOT FOUND index.php

So I started all over again and now I cannot get it to accept my username/password/database name and install again.

Any ideas?

Update: I uninstalled the database and made a new one. Same thing. After successfully installing and removing the install.php, I check continue and get the Not Found page looking for index.php. When I go to the page the calendar is on and test, it will not advance through the months or years and instead gives the same Not Found message for index.php.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Did you name the webbuilder page index.php ?

Insert the calendar in a folder in webbuilder and name the calendar page index.php
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Ik heb gezocht naar een kalender zonder MYSQL maar kon geen goede vinden.

I did search for a calendar withoud MYSQL but I did not find a good one.
protectourlands

It is working perfectly now. Great extension. Thank you so much Eddy.

The requirement to name the page index.php and place in a folder to not conflict with the main index page was not in the .pdf instructions. I would add that very important step. Also consider adding that the install.php file to be removed would then be found at: mysite.com/folder name/install.php in case some forget that adding pages to folders changes the directory path.

I love the extension, but I need a way to add links to the announcement pop-up so agendas and fliers can be downloaded. Is this possible?
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

protectourlands wrote:It is working perfectly now. Great extension. Thank you so much Eddy.

The requirement to name the page index.php and place in a folder to not conflict with the main index page was not in the .pdf instructions. I would add that very important step. Also consider adding that the install.php file to be removed would then be found at: mysite.com/folder name/install.php in case some forget that adding pages to folders changes the directory path.
I love the extension, but I need a way to add links to the announcement pop-up so agendas and fliers can be downloaded. Is this possible?
Yes that will be good to add in the pdf as many do not read all the posts and simply download and use.
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I have the pdf updated with the instructions.

I did test with links but if I remove in the php what removes the html from links than I get strange things , With testing bbcodes did work but links not and I dont know how to change the php to make it work for links. :?

Maybe google calendar is a bether option for you.
protectourlands

Thanks for trying Eddy. I do appreciate it.

I don't like Google calendars because they do not word wrap the event title. The calendar you did this extension for does word wrap the title and really looks good. I like it, and the fact that I can set it up for clients to add their own events. Big plus!

I can use this for clients who are simply posting events, but I have clients who want to post agendas, fliers, and other pdf's tied to the event. I set one up using go menus and a table that open in an I frame on the calendar page, but each month has to be uploaded and the calendar range is limited to those months formatted into web pages. PHP is definitely the way to go.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

A free calendar for links,but I think its almost impossible to make an extension from this calendar.
http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

1. kan ik de teksten die nu Engels zijn aanpassen in het NLD (dagen, maanden en tijd)?
Pfff de namen zijn over meerdere php pagina`s verdeelt het vertalen zal niet makkelijk zijn.
Misschien is het makkelijker om een nederlandse calender te zoeken.
2. Is het zo in te stellen dat slechts één admin (met wachtwoord) items kan toe voegen en verwijderen?
Ja,dat stel je in met installeren van de database.
webwoody

Post by webwoody »

Eddy,

After a perfect installation security is not working. I did fill in username and password during the installation but when I push a date the extension is not asking it. This means everyone can add events

Can you have a look at http://2stroom.comuf.com/kalender/index.php to check whether I overlook something?

THANKS
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

If you fill in username and password with install than you have to select for all users or only for the admin.

Look to the demo in the first post than you see that it works.
Did you select NO in that box?

webwoody

Post by webwoody »

Thanks Eddy for your quick response!!

I did a complete new installation and now it's working (Yes, I forgot the NO)

Is it correct that the extention remember (put something in the register?) me when I add a second event?? (it's not asking for username and password. Also after a new startup of IE I can add without security identification)

Regards
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

The calendar downloads a cookie to your pc so far I know.
To delete an event you have to fill in evertime your name and pass.
protectourlands

Eddy

I'm finding when you select "No" for allowing others to add events, it also does not allow the admin as well. I've reloaded 3 times and still cannot log in to add an event when I check "No" during the install.

Could you test this and see if it works on your server? Anyone else having this problem?
protectourlands

I tried another database on a different server and it works fine, so it must be the server database settings.

After you log in, you get the empty fields to add an event. When you fill them in and hit "add event", it takes you back to log in instead of adding the event. Log back in and the cycle continues.

Any ideas?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

In the first post is an live example with admin login.

Do you accept cookie`s ?
I found the same problem here,but I dont know how todo that.

http://www.kubelabs.com/forums/showthre ... t=calendar

Maybe you can find something here.
http://nl.php.net/manual/en/features.sessions.php
protectourlands

Looks like you found it in the Kubelabs post Eddy. Thank you so much!

......have to define a path for php sessions.

After it tested fine on my server, I knew it was my client's server My SQL setting. Because they set it up I have no idea what to advise them to change or add. I'll send this to them and have them contact their support. Hopefully they will know.

The other issue I have is trying to make the calendar larger. I am using larger images, but the calendar size always uploads the same. Do I have to modify the script to make the calendar larger?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I have not tested this but I think you have to change twice the width 700 in the index page,and I think 200 is the width from the cell.

<div align="center"><br>
<table width="700" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td><div align="right"><a href="<? echo "index.php?month=$prev_month&year=$prev_year"; ?>"><<</a></div></td>
<td width="200"><div align="center">

<select name="month" id="month" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
<?
for ($i = 1; $i <= 12; $i++) {
$link = $i+1;
IF($_GET['month'] == $link){
$selected = "selected";
} ELSE {
$selected = "";
}
echo "<option value=\"index.php?month=$link&year=$_GET[year]\" $selected>" . date ("F", mktime(0,0,0,$i,1,$_GET['year'])) . "</option>\n";
}
?>
</select>
<select name="year" id="year" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
<?
for ($i = 2008; $i <= 2014; $i++) {
IF($i == $_GET['year']){
$selected = "selected";
} ELSE {
$selected = "";
}
echo "<option value=\"index.php?month=$_GET[month]&year=$i\" $selected>$i</option>\n";
}
?>
</select>
</div></td>
<td><div align="left"><a href="<? echo "index.php?month=$next_month&year=$next_year"; ?>">>></a></div></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br>
</div>
<table width="700" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#C0C0C0">
protectourlands

That works Eddy. My ftp program has an editor built in so I just changed the 700's to 900's in the index.php. It looks great. Thank you.

Now if it only allowed links in the event description. I sent a note to Kubelabs several days ago but did not get a response. One can hope.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I have searchd how to change the php to insert links but no luck.
On the kubelabs forum you get also no responce :?

If I remove the stripslashes than you have in the text slashes ,I think you have to insert for links an extra field in the events form "new event" with the <a href code in the php.
protectourlands

I agree Eddy. It most likely needs to be added in a new field.

I hope they realize how badly needed this feature is and add it. It's been almost a week and I haven't heard from them. I'll try again.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I dont think that they insert a field for urls. :?

In the download you can read ,all html wil removed to protect that people can execute scripts on your server.
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

maybe u know what to do...

Set page tot PHP and not to HTML

It's a PHP calendar with SQL !!!
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

joshuafrfld701 wrote:I did test with links but if I remove in the php what removes the html from links than I get strange things , With testing bbcodes did work but links not and I dont know how to change the php to make it work for links
Yes,I did also try to change that but did have the same problem.
I have also tested with an extra formfield for urls but no luck :?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
bjlolmaugh

Post by bjlolmaugh »

Eddie ... I LOVE IT !!! I've been wanting this feature for a long time.
Thank you for doing such a good job and making it simple for people like me. :D
Sincerely,

Barbara Lolmaugh
http://www.websitesbybarbara.com
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

iggy81 wrote:Greate work Eddy ... thx

Is it posiblle to change language from english to croatian (months and days)?
I have no idea if thats possible. :?
I think you need also to change the charset in the pages?
There is no language file ,search for the file / file`s with the months and days and try what happens if you change the language..
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I did seach in the source files but it looks that the month`s are generated from the database.
randm

Post by randm »

I have read the instructions for the PHP Calendar Basic - my question is about inserting a new folder through Site Manager. I want to put two separate event calendars on my site, on two different pages. Do I create a different folder for each calendar with one page in each folder, or do I create one calendar folder and include separate pages within the folder for each calendar. (I have already created a separate database for each calendar.)

Thanks in advance
randm

Post by randm »

Hi Eddy - I'm having a problem. I created the database on my server. Then I created one folder in my Site Manager and added a page to the folder called index.php. I inserted the calendar extension into that page, and published the folder/page. Then I went to www.mydomain.com/folder1/install.php and successfully installed everything. I also deleted the install.php file from my server.

But now I can't figure out how to access the calendar!! When I type www.mydomain.com/folder1/index.php into my browser, or when I link to that page, which holds the calendar extension, I'm getting redirected back to the install page again. I'm obviously missing something!
randm

Post by randm »

Hi Eddy - I'm having a problem. I followed your instructions, I think, the way I should have. I created the database on my server. Then I created one folder in my Site Manager and added a page to the folder called index.php. I inserted the calendar extension into that page, and published the folder/page. Then I went to www.mydomain.com/folder1/install.php and successfully installed everything. I also deleted the install.php file from my server.

But now I can't figure out how to edit the calendar. I can go to www.mydomain.com/folder/index.php and the calendar is there - but I can't do anything to it. How do I make entries to it?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Click on a date number to make a posting in the calendar.

If you have used the password option than you see first the login window before you can post something.

Original example calendar:
http://demos.kubelabs.com/php_calendar/
randm

Post by randm »

Thanks, Eddy!
randm

Post by randm »

Two problems: I have installed 3 calendars - all in separate folders with unique names and each with a unique page name - like indexone, indextwo, indexthree. Two of the installations succeeded - the third seemed to, but now I can't access the page at www.mydomain.com/foldername/indexthree.php I keep getting redirected to www.mydomain.com/foldername/install.php If I try to do the install again, it says I don't have access. I have made sure that I've deleted the install.php file, that my page is php, etc., but I'm obviously missing something. I even tried to delete the whole page and start over - but that didn't help either.

The second problem I'm having is that on the successful installs of calendars one and two, I'm not able to add events. The calendar appears on the page at www.mydomain.com/foldername/indexone.php, and when I click on a date I'm prompted with a username and password - which then brings up an add event dialog box. I insert info to add the event and submit - and it goes right back to the log in box . . . and nothing posts in the calendar. What's happening?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

indexone.php wil not work because the php config etc files are searching for index.php

Make in the site manger three folders with different names and insert in every folder a page named: index

Make also three databases with different names otherwise you see in every calender the same entries.
randm

Post by randm »

OK, thanks Eddy, I'll try that. I have the three folders, and the separate databases with different names, so I think the problem must be that I've named the pages other than just index, so I'll fix that and see what happens.
randm

Post by randm »

Back again - still having problems. I finally deleted all but one calendar, even removing the folders and index pages for the other two from both WYSIWYG and my server through file manager. I now have just one calendar, on a page named index that's in a folder in Site Manager. I have not made any changes to the calendar as far as the properties because I was having unexpected results with that, too. And I still can't add any events! When I click on a date in the calendar, it opens a log-in box. I type in my username and password and submit, and an event entry box pops up. The date in it is old - Jan 1, 2008 - so I change the date to a date this coming week, add a test event and time and submit. And it goes right back to the log in box again. Nothing added to the calendar.

Another problem I've noticed - every time I re-publish my site, or the page, I have to go through the whole install process again. I'm sure it shouldn't work like that - should it? Will I lose all the events, then, every time I republish?

What am I doing wrong, please?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I type in my username and password and submit, and an event entry box pops up. The date in it is old - Jan 1, 2008 - so I change the date to a date this coming week, add a test event and time and submit.
That`s correct.
And it goes right back to the log in box again. Nothing added to the calendar.
In this page protectourlands did have the same problem,but I don`t know if he solved that. :?
viewtopic.php?t=19106&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

From the pdf:
How to use in webbuilder.

Make first a database with name calendar or whatever name you like.

1. Insert a new folder to your website (in the Site Manager)
2. Add a page to this folder.
3. Insert the calendar extension to this page.
4. Name the calendar page index with the page extension php

5. Open the calendar in webbuilder and change the properties.
6. After uploading go to: http://www.your domain.com/foldername/install.php

After installing remove the file install.php from your server!

If you need to upload the page a second time than fill in the same database settings and all messages wil the same because all messages are stored in the database.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

The time is resived from the databse.

Code: Select all

".addslashes($_POST['hour'].":".$_POST['minute'])."', 
I`am not a php coder I did only make a wrapper (extension) to insert the calendar in a webbuilder page.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

If I install Calendar into a subfolder e.g. /public_html/calendar will everything be contained in that folder and nothing will be put into root etc.? Thanks.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Yes, all files are in the calendar folder.

Open the site manager and insert a folder named calendar
Insert in that folder a page named index with page extension php.
Insert the extension on the index page in the folder.

Please read also the pdf.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Great, thanks Eddy.
I have read the PDF file, I just wanted to check about where files go on the server. I'm a bit of a control freak! :-)
etcbbu

Re: PHP Calendar with MYSQL database

Post by etcbbu »

Eddy:

1) Will this calendar work in WB7?

2) And, does the page on which I want to place the calendar have to be named "index.php"?

Thanks.

--etcbbu
https://ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC
⚫️Website Design/Development/Maintenance
⚫️Web-Marketing/Social Media
⚫️SEO/Search Engine Optimization

https://ktravisj.com