Importing an existing HTML page in to Web Builder
First please note that WYSIWYG Web Builder is not an HTML editor, it's visual (drag & drop) web design tool. The software does not use HTML internally which gives you much more control over the layout than you would normally have in an HTML editor.
However you can import existing HTML pages. Select Page->Import HTML Page from the menu to display the Import HTML page window.
You can either select an HTML page from your local drive or specify a URL of an online website.
Click OK to start importing the page. Web Builder will automatically copy all images to your local drive.
The maximum number of the page to import. A value higher than 1 will recursively import pages. This may take a very long time for large web sites!
In some cases enabling this option may give better results depending on how the HTML page was designed. So it might be worth to try both options (enabled and disabled).
Notes about importing HTML:
• WYSIWYG Web Builder is not an HTML editor, but an HTML generator! Web Builder imports the HTML by rendering the contents of an existing page and then attempts to convert the layout to Web Builder's internal object format.
• The import feature currently only imports text, images, form elements and body attributes (link colors, background images, meta tags). Tables, scripts, stylesheets and multimedia components are not imported. But in most cases this is good enough to get you started.
• Web Builder does not parse style sheets, so is some cases the text may look different than the original page.
• Web Builder currently doesn't support framesets. If you want to import a web page that's using frames you'll have to import all individual pages separately.
• It is very difficult to support all different types of HTML. Even the populair browsers will interpret HTML differently, so don't expect miracles. If a page fails to be imported it probably contains code that Web Builder doesn't understand and you still have to start from scratch.
• Importing web pages created with WYSIWYG Web Builder will give the best results!