New site just completed

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Rodders

New site just completed

Post by Rodders »

So this is my third site that I've created with Wysiwyg and I'm beginning to understand more and have to say it seems to do pretty much everything you want. The new site is quite "adventurous" as it has a shopping cart which uses Mal's commerce and I've managed to integrate it fairly well (I think!), even having pricing variables on a couple of products . Still tweaking it here and there as I find bits that can be improved. Just going to try and integrate the international shipping element but that's more around Mal's.
So please have a look and let me know what you think, any ideas or comments always gratefully received. The site is www.bikerbuyz.co.uk
Thanks
8)
Chris_t

Re: New site just completed

Post by Chris_t »

It looks very nice. My only comment is that the text lines are too long to be able to read easily.
MikeGStrathalbyn

Post by MikeGStrathalbyn »

I really liked it. Love the START button, great idea :)
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Thanks for the feedback, yep appreciate the length of lines, looking at breaking it down into smaller sub sections to make it easier on big screens or fixing the width, rather than have it full screen. But overall it works okay and we've actually taken some sales so the cart has integrated okay as well. Happy Days :D :D
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

I think the website is good. My only comment would be to set your layout grids max width to something like 1024 pixels. As it stands now the viewer is having to look from left to right all across the screen to read some of the content.
Regards
Gary
gano101

Post by gano101 »

pretty nice

It's already been said but the long long lines of text is off-putting. tidy that up to be the same width as the 2 columns above. same for the top nav. I'd take that in to the same width.

The page name is just "home" you might want to add a little more to that.

Use Header tags, it will help with your SEO

Design wise, The text is disappearing against the 'red' b/g. I'd make it a LOT bigger, BOLD and aligned left. something like ***url removed see rule 2 above*** the main image when people first visit the site is not great quality, bringing the test forward will mask that a little.

just my 2 cents :D

all the best

**edited**
added a picture of the idea I was describing below, as the link I provided to a sample WYSIWYG webpage was removed (just trying to help here)

Last edited by gano101 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I clicked on 'Shop', scrolled up and saw the 'Start' button again. I thought that would start shopping so I clicked on it. It didn't.

Alan