Draft of County Site

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
onlye

Draft of County Site

Post by onlye »

https://www.onlye.org/postweb/prcc/

Draft for county client. Still a few tweaks left but almost done.
Feedback/suggestions appreciated.

eric
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
andyp

Re: Draft of County Site

Post by andyp »

Just a brief look but it works for me :)
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Click on the hamburger menu - you get a menu appear on the left which is similar but not identical to the one on the main page. So, why have the menu on the main page? When the hamburger menu is active, you can still see the '>' from the underlying menu, but, of course, clicking on the '>' will take you to the underlying menu item and not the hamburger one. It looks really odd.

Also, the hamburger menu has something which says 'Standard-Temp' as the last item. What's that?
onlye

Post by onlye »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 pm Click on the hamburger menu - you get a menu appear on the left which is similar but not identical to the one on the main page. So, why have the menu on the main page? When the hamburger menu is active, you can still see the '>' from the underlying menu, but, of course, clicking on the '>' will take you to the underlying menu item and not the hamburger one. It looks really odd.

Also, the hamburger menu has something which says 'Standard-Temp' as the last item. What's that?

Thanks Alan. The intent is to remove the hamburger in the variants that have the main nav beside the content. The last item Standard-Temp is my temp page for testing ideas. It will go away on pub. I have tried the menu that the hamburger opens on both the left and right side. The right side makes sense - that is where the hamburger trigger is. The left makes sense - to closer match the style of the wider variants with the left side nav. Thoughts?

Appreciate you looking and the feedback.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Put it on the left. That is where mobiles seem to have them.

Alan
onlye

Post by onlye »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:58 pm Put it on the left. That is where mobiles seem to have them.

Alan
Thanks Alan, I'll use that suggestion.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
brynj

Post by brynj »

Congratulations on this website .... nice and clean with easy navigation/access to information. Its simplicity is its strength.

So many websites seen recently look the same, probably to just use all the functionality available - so its nice to see this.