First experience in webbuilder

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Romarion

First experience in webbuilder

Post by Romarion »

Hi!

Recently started working with Webbuilder, previously used Muse. The possibilities here are much wider, but there are still difficulties with some tools.

I see that many people use the flexbox adaptation, but I'm used to manually adjusting the dimensions for the breakpoints, which takes a lot of time. I understand.

How do you like this design sites: https://sale.rayart.ru (so far for 1920-1170 px)?
zinc

Re: First experience in webbuilder

Post by zinc »

This is fantastic! It is great to see that attention has been paid to small details. All you need to add is RWD. Otherwise first class work. I do like the "shine" effect on the buttons! :D Well done!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

when I started, I used breakpoints and controlled every aspect in every breakpoint. Yes, it took more effort, but for me, it was worth it. Updates don't take that long to do now.

I have used layout grids etc. in one of my sites and it looked really good. But it was a steep learning curve (at the time) and I wasn't prepared to go back and re-architect all my existing sites.

Your site looks good. Well done.

Alan
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

Hi Romarion
The site is great and professionally done.
What I see shouldn't be there is that yellow outline, upright in the third image, so delete it, maybe you could add a go top option.
Well done, try all this to do in the layout grid it is feasible, than you not have to much job for BP
benkn

Post by benkn »

I dont undetstand a word on the website (and boycott google when i can so no translate).

Visually, it looks REALLY good.

Separating the styles/colors in different boxes seems to have worked well.

Stupid little side note; that black bar at the bottom of your page...that is interesting real estate.

If anyone scrolls down there, they will read it and see it. Dont know what that info is worth...but the black bar, after all the white and images, really seems to stand out to me.

I would use it for special messages/promotions maybe. Maybe a link for Pablo when you arent using it, or repush contact info there.
Romarion

Post by Romarion »

zinc wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 am This is fantastic! It is great to see that attention has been paid to small details. All you need to add is RWD. Otherwise first class work. I do like the "shine" effect on the buttons! :D Well done!
Thank you for your feedback!

I try the WB tools, very unusual after the Adobe product.

Do you want me to add a new branch, how to make such a shine?)
Romarion

Post by Romarion »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:24 am when I started, I used breakpoints and controlled every aspect in every breakpoint. Yes, it took more effort, but for me, it was worth it. Updates don't take that long to do now.
I have used layout grids etc. in one of my sites and it looked really good. But it was a steep learning curve (at the time) and I wasn't prepared to go back and re-architect all my existing sites.
Your site looks good. Well done.
Alan
Alan, thank you for your feedback!
Romarion

Post by Romarion »

pajadt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:05 pm Hi Romarion
The site is great and professionally done.
What I see shouldn't be there is that yellow outline, upright in the third image, so delete it, maybe you could add a go top option.
Well done, try all this to do in the layout grid it is feasible, than you not have to much job for BP

I try WB tools, very unusual after the Adobe product. I haven't figured out many things yet, but I promise to finish them as soon as I study them)

If I understood correctly about the yellow contours — I deleted them.
Romarion

Post by Romarion »

benkn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:55 pm I dont undetstand a word on the website (and boycott google when i can so no translate).
Visually, it looks REALLY good.
Separating the styles/colors in different boxes seems to have worked well.
Stupid little side note; that black bar at the bottom of your page...that is interesting real estate.
If anyone scrolls down there, they will read it and see it. Dont know what that info is worth...but the black bar, after all the white and images, really seems to stand out to me.
I would use it for special messages/promotions maybe. Maybe a link for Pablo when you arent using it, or repush contact info there.

I try the WB tools, very unusual after the Adobe product. I will deal with the black bar, as long as I can not configure master_frame for a normal header and footer. I also try layout grids, I have not encountered them before. Unfortunately, as I understand it, not everything can be adapted in such a way that there is visual freedom...
benkn

Post by benkn »

I am rewriting a website using layout grids and I think it's working well.

For a very small site, I think breakpoint might work fine. If my site wasnt 100+ pages, I might just add a couple few breakpoints.

You should be able to use a master frame for both header and footer. I am (in conjunction with layout grids.

It was easy and worked perfect.
andyp

Post by andyp »

I have stuck to just using various break points as I just cant get around to using layout grids and I am only doing three sites nowadays.

it probably takes a bit longer but from my point I feel I can get the pages to look exactly the way I want them to look without layout grids. And once these have been set up then there is only the occasional changes........ although maybe one day I will take another look at using layout grids.

If this is any help this is the template I use which sets out various breakpoints from 1440 down to 360... I use to have 320 as well but from my website stats this is very rarely used.

http://apgraphx.co.uk/downloads/template.wbs

This is one site that has used this break point template

https://202020taxis.cab
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

I like the moving coloured lines circling around the image of the guy how did you do that

Graham
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Hey Graham,

It's 2 images: colored circle with lines and the guy. The guy image is placed on top of the colored circle. The circle has rotate animation added to it.
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

Thanks Ron,
do you know the settings to use as Im trying to get a ball to rotate in a similar way
Romarion

Post by Romarion »

GrahamW wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 am Thanks Ron,
do you know the settings to use as Im trying to get a ball to rotate in a similar way
Hi!

Yes, this is an animation of an object. Settings: https://yadi.sk/i/ugWVASKUgDi7sw
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

thanks Romarion
I didnt even see transform-rotate in my list. I was trying to use the rotate animation.

Graham