CSS Navigation not working completely

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Thepaac

CSS Navigation not working completely

Post by Thepaac »

You can't open the CONTACT page from the HOME, ABOUT, CLUB NEWS, or CALENDAR pages. All the other main menu and sub-menu pages access the CONTACT fine. All worked well until recently. Below is the site.

http://paacaz.com/home.html
crispy68

Re: CSS Navigation not working completely

Post by crispy68 »

That's because your link to the contact page on the home page is 'home.html#'. You need to remove the # sign from the link.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

I noticed that as well, however, the # is added to the .html after the button to CONTACT is pushed.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I don't believe that WB adds it. Did you check your link properties in WB to make sure it was inadvertently added?
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

Attached are two screenshots. The first is a menu link that does not work, no # anywhere. The second a menu link that does work. I see no difference between the properties of either.
[img]file:///C:/Users/dchub/OneDrive/Desktop/Screenshot%20(13).png[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/dchub/OneDrive/Desktop/Screenshot%20(12).png[/img]
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It is not possible to view the links provided as these are located on your PC and only you can view!. Either upload the images to your on site and provide urls or use the following url https://imgbb.com/ and provide the generated url they provide. Also ensure that there is no spaces in the naming as this can make the images invalid for viewing.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Unless I'm missing something, the issue you stated was clicking on the 'contact' button. The images you provided are not of the 'contact' button link but of the Home and Overview link. I relooked at your site and It looks to me that you have not specified a link to the contact page. You only have '#' in as the link based on the code. This is why it doesn't go anywhere and stays on the home page. To me, the menu used on the home page is not the same menu being used the Fire Truck page. If it is, then did you make changes and only update certain pages which is why it works on some and not others? Is the menu indivually on each page or used in a master page?
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

The issue is clicking on the 'contact' button from the HOME, ABOUT, CLUB NEWS, or CALENDAR pages does not direct you to the 'contact page'. I showed screenshots of the property links from the HOME page that do not work and the OVERVIEW page which does direct you to the CONTACT page. As you can see there is no difference in them. No # in the property link in the HOME page, or any of the other none working pages.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The issue is clicking on the 'contact' button from the HOME, ABOUT, CLUB NEWS, or CALENDAR pages does not direct you to the 'contact page
That is because there is no link / url to the page you have used # you can see this in the screenshot below to reset please add the url / link

crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I showed screenshots of the property links from the HOME page that do not work and the OVERVIEW page which does direct you to the CONTACT page
No, what you showed was images of the Home button (which shows the link to go to the Home page) and Overview button (which shows it goes to the wls_overview page) in the Responsive menu. Show us a screenshot of the 'contact' button in the menu. This is what needs to be fixed.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

Here is the screenshot of the 'contact' button in the menu.

https://ibb.co/353jPnM
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Well....there's your problem!

You don't have the 'link to:' to a page in the project. You have it set to Smart Link. And where it says 'Page:' you have Parent Page rather than the contact us page which should be 'contact_paac'.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

crispy68, I made the changes you recommended and the result is the same. Now what?
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

Bacon Fries, Attached is a screenshot of the changed code, but I get the same results. https://ibb.co/MSCF36n
Last edited by Thepaac on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Did you re-upload all the pages again? Looks the same on the server to me on the home page.

The code in your picture is from what page?

Bottomline is you need to update the menu on each of the pages that it is not working on and then re-upload it to your website.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

crispy68 The code I changed is from the web host 'contact_paac.php" file. It's the line Bacon Fries suggested I change. See his post earlier.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The menu on the contact page is not the issue.
You can't open the CONTACT page from the HOME, ABOUT, CLUB NEWS, or CALENDAR pages. All the other main menu and sub-menu pages access the CONTACT fine.
Its the Home, About, Club News, & Calendar pages that are the problem as you stated in your first post. You need to fix the menu on these pages in your WB project file.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

crispy68, I copied and pasted "./contact_paac.php" to the menus of HOME, ABOUT, CLUB NEWS, & CALENDAR pages and uploaded them. With 25% success, CONTACT US now works from the CLUB NEWS page, however, the other three pages are still a "no go". My brain is fried now, I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help :?
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

The website gremlins must have worked last night. This morning everything is working. crispy68 and Bacon Fries thanks for all your help!