Expandable Menu - Stumped on Sub-Menu not open

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
onlye

Expandable Menu - Stumped on Sub-Menu not open

Post by onlye »

This was working last week. I made some updates to the site since then but don't remember the specifics.
Problem is on the wide version Expandable Menu. (Using a different menu on the narrow views) On menu selections with sub-menus a mouse click briefly opens the sub-menu but it quickly closes. You can see this on the index page. I imported a page from an earlier version of the website and it is called page2.html. On that page the menu works as intended. I tried coping the menu from the working page2 to the index page but the menu goes to the same open/close sub-menu when pasted to the index page. I am stumped. I must have made a change to the actual pages in the website that caused this but I can't figure it out. I have not made any direct changes to the code or manually added any html or css code.

Can view the site here:
https://www.onlye.org/postweb/prcc/passport.html

Access to the wwb project file. I removed most of the pages but left the the menu as it was with all pages and sub-menu options.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xybqtad50owx ... gj6la?dl=0
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Pablo

Re: Expandable Menu - Stumped on Sub-Menu not open

Post by Pablo »

onlye

Post by onlye »

Pablo,

Thanks. I understand the concept of not a trigger and a link. But I am being a little slow on getting it setup correctly.

So how to I remove the link from the main menu choice that has sub-menu links?

On Courts, Jury duty, Voter Registration and Elections I want those main items to open the sub-menu. That is why each of those main choices has a sub-menu link for home page. In setting up the menu - Edit Menu Item - there does not seem to be a way to NOT choose a Link to:

Also strange to me the menu worked for weeks. And the menu works differently on the page2.html vs the other pages.

I replaced the mobile menu I was using from Multi Level Panel Menu to Expandable Panel Menu. The mobile menu is not visible on the wider widths. It starts at 620px. Could the issue result when I added the Expandable Panel Menu? I had issues with the Multi Level Panel Menu not closing on a few of the sub-menu links.

thanks
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In setting up the menu - Edit Menu Item - there does not seem to be a way to NOT choose a Link to:
Select 'Link to' -> External web address, then remove the link
Do this for all menu item that have sub menus.
Also strange to me the menu worked for weeks.
The menu does not add the links by itself so you must have added them yourself.

Note that this behavior has not recently changed.
Also, this applies to all menus that have sub menus: the main menu should not be a link.