Navigation bar changes buttons to 'index' when synchronized with site manager

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Anton_Canada

Navigation bar changes buttons to 'index' when synchronized with site manager

Post by Anton_Canada »

Hi,

I have managed to work my way through various issues in the WYSIWYG program but I am stuck on the navigation bar menu. I have deleted, redone and tried to edit but it keeps doing the same thing. I have read the instructions on http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigationbar.html to see if I am doing anything wrong, but I cannot find the root of the problem.

I cannot attach a screenshot because it is a local image on my desktop. I created the navigation menu, all good. I then edit the links of each button to the site manager, all good. I then select 'Sychronize with Site Manager' and then all but the first button changes to 'index' and I cannot edit anything.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Pablo

Re: Navigation bar changes buttons to 'index' when synchronized with site manager

Post by Pablo »

I then edit the links of each button to the site manager, all good. I then select 'Synchronize with Site Manager' .
Why do you first edit the links and then select 'Synchronize with Site Manager'? You either set the links manually or use 'Synchronize with Site Manager'.

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Please read:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Anton_Canada

Re: Navigation bar changes buttons to 'index' when synchronized with site manager

Post by Anton_Canada »

Thanks for replying. I have tried both ways and it is still the same. I am working on uploading my 5-page website now.
Anton_Canada

Post by Anton_Canada »

I just uploaded everything to the server. The URL is www.mountainviewchapel.ca The tech support person had to rename the home.html page to index.html page for the site to work. I don't know what I have done wrong as I cannot get the pages other than home to say index. Thanks
Anton_Canada

Post by Anton_Canada »

I just worked out what I was doing wrong. I was doing 2 things, instead of just 1: what I was doing was double clicking on the navigation bar to edit the details rather than click on the Site Manager box at the right side of the screen. Once I realised that the editing is done through the Site Manager box, it all works now. Hope this makes sense to you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need further assistance then please share the project file (wbs). Because, I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.