Editing the menu freezes the application

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
georges

Editing the menu freezes the application

Post by georges »

I used the 16.3.1 version to create demo sites based on the "Agency Dark" and "Fruit" templates. Anytime I try to edit the navigation menu, with the goal of assigning a menu entry one of the internal pages, the program freezes for 30-60 minutes. Any other site edit (adding new pages, changing their content, position, etc.) works fine.

I loaded the "Fruit" template in WYSIWIG 14 and everything works fine. My computer runs using Windows 10 Pro 19042.985 and uses an Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU, 16 GB of Ram, Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I tried to enable/disable "Direct2D rich text rendering" but nothing changed. Also, I'm not using any extension, etc. Please help. Thank you!
Pablo

Re: Editing the menu freezes the application

Post by Pablo »

Please see this related topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91694
georges

Post by georges »

Thank you a lot for the quick reply, Pablo. Deleting that registry item fixed the problem, but only for a while. I edited a few menu elements (home, services, samples, contact) and URL_History has gotten 10,000 entries, slowing me down again. I have deleted URL_History once more, thus managing to buy some time and set up the menu properly. Is there a way to fix this issue for good?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

How did you get 10.000 entries?
Are you sure you have remove the entire key?
georges

Post by georges »

Yes, I have removed the entire key. It took 20-30 minutes until I was able to see the contextual menu and choose the "delete" option (after right clicking the registry key).

I bought the upgrade to v16 a few months ago, but I've never used the builder until yesterday, so those 10,000 entries weren't created by me (unless they were imported automatically from an earlier version). More than that, after deleting the key, I've gotten many more entries (enough to slow me down) after editing a few menu pages. Deleting it again solved the problem.

Here's how an entry looks like:
Name: URL_History0 Data: smartlink://page00000|

Right now the number of entries seems to be under control (a few dozens) because I'm done editing the menu, so this isn't a pressing problem anymore. I can delete the entries when I need to, but hopefully you will find a better solution.

Thank you, Pablo.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The problem with smartlink should be fixed in 16.3.2
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92114

If you still have the same problem after installing this update then please describe the exact steps to produce this behavior.
See also:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
georges

Post by georges »

Thank you a lot, Pablo. I will try the new version and let you know if I have any problems with it.