Navigation sub menus on top

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Brian Lambert

Navigation sub menus on top

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
I am changing one of my web sites navigation menu to a responsive menu with sub menus and at least one of the sub menus has up to seven subs. But whenever a sub menu is selected the sub categories are hidden by whatever they drop down over.

How can I bring the drop down sub menus to the front and keep them there?

Also is it possible for these sub menus to be held in place longer, as currently they disappear almost immediately they are opened and it makes scrolling down the sub menu list/selections virtually impossible, as it keeps closing itself!

Many thanks in advance.

Brian
BaconFries

Re: Navigation sub menus on top

Post by BaconFries »

This can be done by using the arrange tools (move to front). Is the following Your Site url to what you are asking about? as on viewing everything looks ok.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Normally, a drop down menu is on a page header, in that case you can set the stack level to 'in front of content'
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

BaconFries wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:48 pm
This can be done by using the arrange tools (move to front). Is the following Your Site url to what you are asking about? as on viewing everything looks ok.
Hi
That is one of mine, but its not the one I'm need the navigation bar altered on. This this one... https://www.favershammrc.org.uk/ As you will see on the Home page the drop downs (Exhibitions and Club Blogs) disappear behind other text and close too quickly too. I will try the suggestions.

Thank you
Brian
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Thank you for the replies.

I was (as usual!) being extra thick!!! I of course completely forgot what I had done with the navigation bar on my own web site and when I compared mine with my clubs site navigation set up it was blatantly obvious where the errors lay!
Sorry to have troubled you but thanks for the prompt re my onw site.
Now off to whip myself with a old mouse cable as penance! :lol: Ha ha
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No trouble at all glad you have managed to track what was needed to fix and get things back on line also don't gauge yourself to badly.... Sorry about the puns..