Pulish Target Folder for File Types - png favicons and javascript not moving

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
mashtaytey

Pulish Target Folder for File Types - png favicons and javascript not moving

Post by mashtaytey »

Hi Pablo
I am using in Options/HTML "Target folder for File Types" which is a great little tool to have.
I am shifting all my jpg, png,css, jv ect into a new folder.

However, even though I have set up a new folder for these files, 3 of my png's won't export to the new folder.
These 3 png's are relating to favicons. Is there a reason why these are still being written to the root? (yet i have success with other png's)

Also, I'm having the same trouble with "magnificpopup".
This still remains as a single magnifipopup folder in the root with all its assets contained.

My goal when exporting is to have the index file in the root on its own and all my other elements in the new folder.
Yet these 3 png's and Magnifipopup won't budge
Pablo

Re: Pulish Target Folder for File Types - png favicons and javascript not moving

Post by Pablo »

Fav icons are always published to the root. This is behavior by design.

If you need assistance with your project then please create a demo.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
BaconFries

Re: Pulish Target Folder for File Types - png favicons and javascript not moving

Post by BaconFries »

These 3 png's are relating to favicons. Is there a reason why these are still being written to the root? (yet i have success with other png's)
Are you sure these are not .ico rather than .png? This is because by design Favicons are saved to the root folder with the pages so this would explain why you cannot move.
mashtaytey

Post by mashtaytey »

no they are definatley PNG's
but png's or ico - if they have to be published to the route thats the way it is!
mashtaytey

Post by mashtaytey »

Hi Pablo - here is the demo
https://www.dropbox.com/t/WqRtmGi3FgJNOuhi

if favicons cant be moved then thats ok. Its just the magnifipop assets that i would like to put in the folder too with the rest of the assets.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The YouTube video is configured to open in a lightbox, that is why magnifipop is included.
mashtaytey

Post by mashtaytey »

yes. but my problem when using Publish/TargetFolder types - ive got most of my files sent to a new folder i created. However magnifipopup wont move its assets into that target folder. It remains in the root and wont budge, Im trying to get it out of the route, or at least its assets.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

However magnifipopup wont move its assets into that target folder. It remains in the root and wont budge
Lightboxes are third party scripts, usually lightboxes contain multiple files (script, styles, images ect). Each lightbox script works different so there is no generic way to split up the script and move it to different folders. This could break the functionality.
Therefor the scripts will be published "AS IS".
mashtaytey

Post by mashtaytey »

if you look at this folder i exported

https://www.dropbox.com/t/28icGWnlaf10cnAM

This works perfectrly

you will see that I have been able to manually edit the HTML file to point to the magnifipopup folder I have manually moved out of the root.
everything works well.

So it does not break the functionality when moving mannifipopup the folder.

So surely could there not be a way of moving folders to a new destination during the publish? just like moving file types?

I have established that a 3rd party script does not have to remain in the root.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Yes, you can manually edit the code.
However, as previous stated, each light box works difference. WWB supports more than 20 different lightboxes.