Unable to publish to lowesthosting.com

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
tbapcollector

Unable to publish to lowesthosting.com

Post by tbapcollector »

I created my website. When I select my main page and edit, it brings up a list of all pages and folders that are part of it, including one that is named index but it doesn't publish. Lowesthosting.com's response was: "the simple reason you don't see a new website is because you did not publish a website to the server you can open the cpanel file manager and go to the public_html directory and you will see that you published a directory but not a website which must contain a home page named index.htm or index.html." The index I have for my website is apparently just created in a folder. It sounds like it has to be outside of all folders. Not sure how to do that! FYI, I created hyperlinks for all pages I created in my website to the main page. Thank you in advance for your assistance!!!
BaconFries

Re: Unable to publish to lowesthosting.com

Post by BaconFries »

Please see the following reading from "How do I publish my pages?" and "Publish failed. What has happened?"
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36493
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you set the correct remote folder in the publish properties?
Are there any errors in the publish log?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Did you create a folder in WB and dragged all pages under it? Then you can only access your website by visiting yourdomain.com/nameofthatfolder/
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!