Website files

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Ray194

Website files

Post by Ray194 »

V.15 has been working fine and all of a sudden it will not publish any of my sites. I've tried going to test and no files appear and a few minutes I get an error message that password is not correct. I double checked with my hosting company and the password is again correct. I then went to Test and explore to see if the files were loading and they are not.

I re-contacted my host company (Go Daddy) and explained. The passwords was changed to a new ones and I still get the same error. I have six different Web sites that I've used your program to design. I can make changes in the program with no problem but when I go to publish I get the same error.

I have several accounts with Go Daddy with different passwords and IP addresses (same error message with all. Would it help to reinstall v:15 and try again. I need to correct this problem immediately. Please advise as soon as possible.
Pablo

Re: Website files

Post by Pablo »

The software itself does not verify the password, the password will be sent to the server "AS IS".
So, the "password is not correct" error is generated by the server.

Besides the password being wrong it is also possible tat your web host requires you to use Secure FTP instead.

Note that version 15 has not been updated recently so this can only be a configuration related issue.