*** SOLVED *** Media Player not showing video

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
developer

*** SOLVED *** Media Player not showing video

Post by developer »

Version 16.4.2, adding a Media Player object HTML5 video, controls visible, autoplay not enabled, 16:9, only the audio plays. No video window.

I used this from the toolbox for a video in an earlier version and it works fine.

I read the caveat about different browsers acting differently, but I tried several browsers and none show the video.

I also tried playing the other video published in the earlier version and I get the same response.

both are video/mp4. The result is the same, regardless of the options I set.

It is almost as if I select video, and the object appears like that in the editor, but when published, it seems like I had selected audio.

I checked published source to be sure, and the object that is published is indeed video in the browser, but when I right-mouse the video object, I get two different contextual menus.

The earlier version correct one has a large menu with video functions as well as audio functions.

The incorrect one has a smaller menu with only audio functions.

Here are the menu selections:

Correct: Play, Mute, Speed, Loop, Full Screen, Hide Controls, Open Video in New Tab, Watch in Picture-in-Picture, Take Snapshot...,Save Video As..., Copy Video Link, Email Video...

Incorrect: Play, Mute, Speed, Loop, Hide Controls, Save Audio As..., Copy Audio Link, Email Audio...

Both videos play fine when double-clicked from windows.

Any ideas?
Pablo

Re: Media Player not showing video

Post by Pablo »

Note that the HTML video player is standard HTML functionality. The video player functionality is implemented in the browser.
WWB only adds a place holder to the page to indicate where the browser should render the video. The rest is done by the browser.

So, if the video does not play then either the format of the video is incorrect or there is another conflict on the page.

It may be helpful to check out the browser error console (F12) for possible errors.

If you need further assistance then please share the URL of the page.
developer

Post by developer »

It will happen with a new blank page too...

I used F12 and there is 1 error, which seems to be related to the search function, but rebuild search index is disabled:

============
Uncaught: ReferenceError: searchParseURL is not defined
<anonymous> file: (path to this html file)
jquery 3
i
firewith
ready
K
============
If this doesn't shed light on it, I will publish later and post the url for the working and non-working versions.
Thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This error is unrelated. The search index only exists when you publish the entire website.
So you will get this error if you preview a single page.
developer

Post by developer »

Ok to delete. This is an HTML5 issue with certain MP4 type 2 files. Resolved by recoding video. Thanks.