Website zoom issue

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
EndreEndi

Website zoom issue

Post by EndreEndi »

Hi, i have a website (link below) made with WYSIWYG and when i enter on the website itself and zoom in it breaks the positioning of some things, they go aside, like the logo and meniu, and some other things, i want to make it to be the same in every zoom %, but when i zoom out, it looks like it should, but in the case of a tablet or phone, it dosen't really look good.
Please help, i would very much appreciate it.
(Hopefully this is the correct thread to post this in)

Pablo

Re: Website zoom issue

Post by Pablo »

I have found the following issues on your page (there may be more...)
- the page is using PHP, so the page file extensions should be PHP
- you are using layout grids so the page alignment should be set to 'do not center page'
- Heading2 seems to have a fixed size. The 'Full width' property should be set to 'true'

If you need further assistance then please share a DEMO project, because I cannot see your settings based on the HTML code.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

- the page is using PHP, so the page file extensions should be PHP
I don't really know what to do here...i don't know how.
- you are using layout grids so the page alignment should be set to 'do not center page'
Where i can find this setting?
i have seen just this, but it's for the Heading2

- Heading2 seems to have a fixed size. The 'Full width' property should be set to 'true'
You will curse me but i don't know where that property is, with find i didn't find nothing

I didn't know where and how to send the project, and what you need from it, so i made it a zip and i uploaded it into my website https://endreendi.com/project.zip
The entire website has just an index.php at the moment so i think won't be hard to figure out aanything really, i hope

I'm very new to this tool / program sorry for the headichs i'm gonna give :)
And sorry for bad english
Last edited by EndreEndi on Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can set the page extension in the Page Properties
Or else remove all PHP from the page.

You can set the alignment in the Page Properties.

You can find the 'Full width' property in the property of the Heading object.

LayoutGrid1 is set to 'fixed width' this should be 'fluid'

Also, in the 320 breakpoint, CssMenu1 is outside the page boundaries.
Make sure it's inside the page boundaries, otherwise the browser will display a scrollbar.
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

So everything except the menu buttons work as should, but what i do with the buttons?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Which button are you referring to?
Did you fix all issues?
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

This one, Image
When i zoom in, the menu thing or how it's named it's going outside the screen, i don't really know how to explain

Also, can you tell me how i can move things arround without them putting back in the same place? they're not locked, they're unlocked, but they still put themselves back, i will make a short video to show you in a bit.

Video: https://endreendi.com/video.mkv I HIGHLY suggest to turn the volume down, i didn't realize my mic was on
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, but you will first need to fix the issues that I mentioned.
The menu is outside the page boundaries so that is why it behaves this way.

You are using layout grids so the size and positions of objects are controlled by the layout grid (floating layout).

If you want to control the exact position of elements then place the objects directly on the workspace (absolute layout).

If you want to rearrange objects then you can use the Arrange tools (move up).

See this related tutorial:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html

Alis, can you please focus on one issue at a time? You are only confusing yourself even more by trying to do too much at the same time.
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

As you said here
"You can set the page extension in the Page Properties
Or else remove all PHP from the page.

You can set the alignment in the Page Properties.

You can find the 'Full width' property in the property of the Heading object.

LayoutGrid1 is set to 'fixed width' this should be 'fluid'

Also, in the 320 breakpoint, CssMenu1 is outside the page boundaries.
Make sure it's inside the page boundaries, otherwise the browser will display a scrollbar."

I see just file extension, nothing about php, or "page extension" at the Advanced tab in the Page Properties i see "PHP Version" but isn't any option to disable it, just PHP4 or PHP5-PHP7.

"You can set the alignment in the Page Properties." - i did put the aligment on fluid as you said
"You can find the 'Full width' property in the property of the Heading object." - I did and set it to "true"
"LayoutGrid1 is set to 'fixed width' this should be 'fluid'" i oppened properties for it and put the "Layput" to fluid.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I see just file extension, nothing about php, or "page extension" at the Advanced tab in the Page Properties i see "PHP Version" but isn't any option to disable it, just PHP4 or PHP5-PHP7.
I was referring to the file extension. I assumed you were familiar with this because you added custom HTML to the page yourself.

If you need further assistance then please upload the updated project BUT remove everything from the project that is not relevant to your question so I can focus in that issue only.
See this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

Well, isn't that hard to copy paste a HTML code to a text box named HTML from within the Toolbox.

I honestly don't know what is relevant or not... - sorry i'm making it hard... it's not intentional but yeah...
That's why i give it entirely.

Project: https://endreendi.com/project.zip
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have downloaded your (updated) project.

- the page alignment should be set to "Do not center this page"
(see also the help)

- in the panel menu (PanelMenu1) you have enabled CMS. I assume you did this accidentally? Please uncheck 'Use this menu for CMS')

- in the 320px breakpoint, the CssMenu1is outside the page boundaries.

Step 1
Increase the page size until you see the menu

Step 2
Move the menu inside the 320 boundary.
Or hide it.

Step 3
Reset the page width to 320
EndreEndi

Post by EndreEndi »

- the page alignment should be set to "Do not center this page"
(see also the help)
It wasn't?
- in the panel menu (PanelMenu1) you have enabled CMS. I assume you did this accidentally? Please uncheck 'Use this menu for CMS')
Maybe it was accidentaly, if CMS is for eecomerce it was accidentaly yes.
- in the 320px breakpoint, the CssMenu1is outside the page boundaries.
when you say that, i'm thinking that the CssMenu1is, is outside the page itself, but i see it there, in the program, on the domain / website, it's different however for some reason.

Step 1
Increase the page size until you see the menu
Step 2
Move the menu inside the 320 boundary.
Or hide it.
Step 3
Reset the page width to 320

I don't quite understand what to do...sorry, it's okay, i will manage to figure it out somehow, i don't want to trouble you with noob stuff :)

I want the default breakpoint stuff to work, the 320 pbreakpoint can wait, i want the PanelMenu1 to be in the screen when i zoom in, not go outside the screen, i hope you understand what i want to do.

You should tell to the WYSIWYG creator (i mean if you want, you're not forced to do anything), if isn't you, to make some accesibility functions in the version 17, because for me is a bit hard to move around and find things, i have problems with eyes mainly...
It would help if when i hover with the mouse, over an option, to popup a little short or long-ish TIP about what that option does for the website you're trying to make, that would help hugely. just saying, sorry i type that long messages.