Email spam

Issues related to forms.
gregbarnes

Re: Email spam

Post by gregbarnes »

MGD4me wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 am @gregbarnes Use the 'Insert >> HTML' function to create a text box where you want this note to be displayed. Open the HTML Properties and insert the following code:

Code: Select all

<?php
$data = @json_decode(file_get_contents("http://www.geoplugin.net/json.gp?ip=" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']));
$city = $data->geoplugin_city;  // look up city location 
echo "Your IP address is: " . 
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "&nbsp&nbsp" . "(" . $city . ")"  ;
?>
Your Contact page properties must use php file extension, since this is php code. The code will display the user's IP address AND city.
Much appreciated, When I get the sites up and running on the new domains I'll giv this a try. Many thanks!
Cheers for now,
Greg
ColinM

Re: Email spam

Post by ColinM »

gregbarnes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:48 am
ColinM wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 am Hi Greg, I think you'll find that you still need an ABN (or acceptable alternative) for a .net.au domain. I've just checked a dummy .net.au with my Registrar and that is certainly the case.
Cheers Colin. I have obtained 2 new domain names with the ".COM" so I won't have ABN issues anymore. After that's all set up I will try and work out the spam issues. I have new email addresses so a bit of work to do. Cheers, Greg
You're welcome Greg - have fun! :D 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia