form problem with yahoo address?

Issues related to forms.
davidsho

form problem with yahoo address?

Post by davidsho »

I published a new form (http://gemcityballet.org/Picnic.php) that seems to work properly (not much activity yet) except for one person who gets the error page. It is a simple form with a few edit boxes and check boxes; one edit box asks for an email address and uses the email validation. I'm not using auto responder. The only things I can think of as a possible issue is that she has an email address that (1) is a yahoo.com address and (2) has an underscore in it. Is either of these email address issues likely to be a problem?
crispy68

Re: form problem with yahoo address?

Post by crispy68 »

So.....I take it you know what their address is. Have you tried yourself to enter their email address into your form to see what happens? I would not think that either should cause the error.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

crispy - good thought, and yes, I did try exactly that before I posted with the same result. I'll try some more experiments though - other yahoo email addresses, removing validation. I agree; I don't see why the address should cause a problem but I can't thinks of another differential cause.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I just had a look at your form. Are you aware you can enter a negative number of adults and children? Do you do validation on these? [I didn't click 'Submit', just in case...]

Alan
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Thanks for the tip, Alan.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Mystery deepens. The form will not accept either yahoo.com or gmail.com addresses in the editbox, even if I turn off validation. The error page reports "SMTP error: data not accepted" Below is a link to the project file with just the index, form and error and success pages. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/efsg9upydroz ... jKora?dl=0
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This error is unrelated tpo the form itself. It is a restriction of the webhost.
You can most likely solve this by setting the 'from' address of the form to an address of the same domain as the website.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Thank you Pablo. Your suggestion fixed it. If I understand you correctly, my webhost is blocking the data simply because the data contains a yahoo or gmail address even though the address is not being used in sending the data? Or is it more complex than that?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

By default, if the name of email input field is 'email' then that address will be used as the from address. Some hosts do no allow this.
davidsho

Post by davidsho »

Thank you!