Form sent and received but no data

Issues related to forms.
Chameleon

Form sent and received but no data

Post by Chameleon »

Hi I have created a 1 page form and all works apart from no input data is received in the submitted email.
I can fill in the form and send it and it arrives ok but all the content shows is the IP address and website it has been submitted from, no input data for the form fields.

Any thoughts as to what is happening?

Thanks
BaconFries

Re: Form sent and received but no data

Post by BaconFries »

Without actually seeing what you have done it difficult to say. Can you please provide a url of the page so it can be viewed.
It could be related to how you have named the form fields. Please ensure that they use valid names i.e. no spaces, no special characters etc.
See the following
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=64868
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Hi BaconFries,

Ok from what I can see I may have made a mistake in construction. I originally created the form in a multi page form in a carousel which worked but I was not happy with my layouts in other break points. I created another blank page and inserted a standard form and then I copied the fields over to the new form then deleted the original form, this is where I think I have gone wrong :wink:

I added another new test field to the form and published it and now I get a return email with only the data from the new field.

So my question is this do I have to replace ALL the fields that were copied over from the carousel form, or is ther a way to make them part of my new form?

thanks,
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To make objects part of a form, you can drag & drop them on the form.
There is no need to replace all fields.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Cheers Pablo,
that worked a treat.
Is there a way to change the email list order? i.e. can I set the order that lists in the email sent via the form?

thanks,
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Ahh got it. Z order in properties will do it I think :) fingers crossed