Forms not working

Issues related to forms.
antony

Forms not working

Post by antony »

Dear WWB Team,

unfortunatelly in the resent months the PHP form on my website, built with WWB, stopped working. After changing different server options, i figured out that the problem is with the software. So for testing purposes I built two forms. The first form (Form 1) is built with LayoutGrid by me and is not working. The second form (Form 2) is also built with Layout Grid but based on a template, created by your team. I will be glad to be informed, why the first form is not working and by that i also mean the form on my website, when apparently there is no difference between the two.
Here is a download link for the demonstration project of the issue- https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcjbnob3 ... r.zip/file

I hope you will help me fix this because there is over a week and i can't figure out what the problem is
Best regards,
Antony
Pablo

Re: Forms not working

Post by Pablo »

The forms in your project seems to be ok. The generate code is 100% valid.

So can you please define what you mean by 'not working'?
What exact is not working?
Are there any errors?
What did you expect to happen?

Notes:
- your buttons do not have a name so this may confuse the browser if you use multiple forms.
- forms should have a success and error page
- the first form does not have an input field for an email address, this means that the 'Email address' property will be used as the 'from' address. Some web hosts may not allow you to use a gmail email address

See also the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967
antony

Post by antony »

Hey, the problem is that i do not receive the messages from my first form that is created by me but receive those from the template generated. My host supports Gmail and has been doing so for the last six years at least. I simply can't figure out why the first form simply cant deliver the message to Gmail while the second is doing so. And the same goes for my original site- no forms are working.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The form is correct. You can easily verify this yourself by looking at the PHP code.
I think the problem is on the server side.
As mentioned, your web host may not allow you to use gmail as 'from' address. This is a common restriction.
In that case, the solution is usually to set a fixed 'from' address that is within the same domain as the website.

If there were problems in the generate code then the second form also would not work. The PHP for both forms is exactly the same.
The only difference between the two forms is that the first form does not have an input field for the email address.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

unfortunatelly in the resent months the PHP form on my website, built with WWB, stopped working. After changing different server options
If it has been working just fine for months, days or years and it only stopped working after you made server changes "how" can this be the fault or a issue with the software?. As Pablo has mentioned many if not all hosts/ servers do not allow the use of the likes of "Free" emails accounts such as gmail and requires a email using the domain name. Maybe your host/ server has changed this or the error is with the changes that you have made. Before blaming the software please check your configuration of the server are not the cause of it not working and report back.
the problem is that i do not receive the messages from my first form that is created by me
Please read from the following:
Emails are not arriving in my inbox...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

@antony
For gmail smtp setup see this:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89814

I would recommend as @bacon said to use a domain.com email smtp setup because sometimes when I my self used google smtp it worked fine but suddenly it starts to have problems for their server and maintenance reasons. You can try with yandex mails smtp if you want that's also free. But I would also recommend to get a domain.com email smpt for a proactive form setup.
antony

Post by antony »

I fixed the issue. Thank you guys for your help and support i really appreciate it.