submit button mouseover change

Issues related to forms.
Chameleon

submit button mouseover change

Post by Chameleon »

Hi,
Is it possible to have the submit button change colour with the mouse over then change colour when it is clicked?
I find the delay a bit long when submitting the form with nothing indicating that the user has actually clicked the button.
I have attempted to change this with events but it didntseem to work.
Can this be done with the submit button?

cheers,
Chameleon

Re: submit button mouseover change

Post by Chameleon »

Hi BaconFries,
Yep I am using both pages but I find that the delay is quite long from clicking the button until the success page shows. Impatent people might click a few times or think that nothing is happening. Maybe it's just me though to be fair. :oops:
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you are creative, try something like this:

1. Create a text block (or something similar) that says: Processing request. One moment please. and place it under the button (or wherever you want).
2. In the object manager, uncheck the visible checkbox of this text block to hide it.
3. Open the properties of the button, click on Events and add the following:

Event=onclick, Action=show with effect, Effect=fade, Target=Choose text block in the dropdown

Now when the button is clicked, the text block will fade in letting them know the form is processing until your success/fail page shows.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can also use transitions to change the color of the button. Each state can have its own color: active, hover, focus.
But you can also use events to disable the button after it has been clicked.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

Cheers Crispy68

thats exactly what i'm looking for, I will give it a go. I also like the idea from Pablo. I will try both and see what works for me.

thanks guys,