Web Shop Checkout Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
nathaninidaho

Web Shop Checkout Problem

Post by nathaninidaho »

I have been implementing the web shop as per the tutorial (not web shop plus) on a web page, and everything works fine except that when I do the final 'submit order' - the order confirmation page displays with all the php code at the top and none of the customer info or item info is passed on... So, all the php code that I put into the top of the 'thankyou' page (orderconfirmation in my case), is showing in really fine print at the top of the browser window.... any clues? Here's a link to my test site:
http://pelczar.magicwebdesigners.com/bi ... hines.html

Thanks,
Nathan
Pablo

Re: Web Shop Checkout Problem

Post by Pablo »

If the PHP code is displayed on the top of the page then this usually means the page extension is not set to 'php'.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Thwe PHP code in the "orderconfirmation.php" page is missiong the initial opening tags:

<?php

Also, the last lines of the code appear to be:

="" {
="" $message="" .="$cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i]."\t";
" $message="" .="$cart[PRODUCTNAME][$i]."\t";
" $message="" .="$cart[QUANTITY][$i]."\t";
" $message="" .="$" .number_format($cart[PRICE][$i]*$cart[QUANTITY][$i],2)."\r\n";
="" $total="$total" +="" ($cart[PRICE][$i]*$cart[QUANTITY][$i]);
="" }
="" $message="" .="=======================================================" ."\r\n";
="" $message="" .="Order Grand Total: $" .$total."\r\n";
="" $message="" .="\r\n" ."\r\n";
="" mail($mailto,="" $subject,="" stripslashes($message),="" $header);=""
}
?="">

which is wrong.

Check the code you have in the Start of Page and fix it.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
nathaninidaho

Post by nathaninidaho »

Thanks George I really appreciate you reply! I missed that opening tag on the php code - been staring at the screen too long :roll:
Just two more questions if you don't mind:

1. I am getting a few errors like the following on order confirmation after "fixing" the code:
Notice: Undefined index: promocodes in /home/magicman/public_html/pelczar/orderconfirmation.php on line 55
I do have this 'promocode' in the checkout form, what would cause it to give me an error like this?

2. Is there a way to use the DBTS form processor to send the order confirmation emails? How would I implement that? (this is my first go around with WYSIWYG Web Builder - and I love it, just am feeling my way around it).

Again, thanks for your answers - I appreciate that more than you know, support is everything to a great product!

Nathan
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

nathaninidaho wrote:Thanks George I really appreciate you reply! I missed that opening tag on the php code - been staring at the screen too long :roll:
Just two more questions if you don't mind:

1. I am getting a few errors like the following on order confirmation after "fixing" the code:
Notice: Undefined index: promocodes in /home/magicman/public_html/pelczar/orderconfirmation.php on line 55
I do have this 'promocode' in the checkout form, what would cause it to give me an error like this?
Webshop doesn't support promocodes. Therefore the variable "promocodes" doesn't exist, it is therefore undefined and the server reports the error as Notice. You can fix this by adding the line:
error_reporting(0);
just after the <?php

opening tag.
2. Is there a way to use the DBTS form processor to send the order confirmation emails? How would I implement that?
This is a bit more complicated. You can see how Webshop Plus is doing this (using an HTML email template) but you will have to heavily modify the code.

One question: Why aren' you using the Webshop Plus 3.2 that has everything already built in ? Plus a backend with reports, customization, orders management etc ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
nathaninidaho

Post by nathaninidaho »

Navaldesign wrote: One question: Why aren' you using the Webshop Plus 3.2 that has everything already built in ? Plus a backend with reports, customization, orders management etc ?
[/quote]

Well well well...George I'm kind of laughing out loud - I probably should have used WebShop Plus. This is my first go around with WYSIWYG Web Builder (I've always used a different platform) and so I looked at webshop plus and thought "looks like more complication than I want to give this client"... I probably should have - but there will be a next time.

Can Webshop Plus be implemented with the Webshop CMS? I have a couple clients that may need the CMS version...

I truly appreciate all your help!
Nathan
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

No, it can't.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
nathaninidaho

Post by nathaninidaho »

That's good to know. I will be looking seriously at webshop plus for future projects. This one I was just getting my feet wet with WYSIWYG Web Builder...

Thanks again and I'm sure we'll correspond in future discussions!

Nathan