3D ROTATING IMAGE CAROUSEL (FREE) - Updated 1/4/21

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
crispy68

3D ROTATING IMAGE CAROUSEL (FREE) - Updated 1/4/21

Post by crispy68 »

Description:
Based on this thread: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 70#p450170, I put together this FREE simple, basic carousel extension based off the codepen by SitePoint with MIT license.

Features:
- Carousel can be fixed size or flexible
- Control the image size, image gap and perspective.
- Buttons can be text or arrow buttons.
- Backfaces can be hidden.
- Add breakpoints to change the image size & perspective in the breakpoint.

Download Package:
Includes extension and .pdf instructions.

Info & Demo:
Web Builder Templates

Also, if you are proficient with WB Extension Builder and would like to add more functionality and improve upon it, feel free to reach out to me for the files! Maybe someone smarter than me can make it better. :wink:
ColinM

Re: 3D ROTATING IMAGE CAROUSEL

Post by ColinM »

Your work and generosity Crispy is amazing and applauded - good stuff my friend! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As Colin great work...👍
zinc

Post by zinc »

You legend !!!! :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Nice to see the simple extension based on topic. glad you made it with good effort.

Is there value added for the hole carousel to orientate horizontal or vertical...
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

As of now, the carousel is only horizontal. Not sure what it would take to make it vertical although I'm not sure how practical having a "price is right" carousel would be.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

By value added I meant that is there a value box added where people can change whether it can be vertical or horizontal. Explanation, my pardons that I could not elaborate the subject in full detail.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

no. it is only horizontal.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Just to say that 'Norton' deletes the .wbx file. Probably a false positive but just letting you know.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Just to say that 'Norton' deletes the .wbx file. Probably a false positive but just letting you know
Thanks. It's definitely a false positive. There is nothing malicious in the extension I can assure you.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

At last I found it to... :D I asked for this in the "Extensions" section...
Very generous and good work! Much appreciated.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

crispy... I have a customer that was looking for this future. They liked it a lot... but one important thing they were missing was the possibility to set it up for Continous loop, vith possibility to set the speed and paus for each clip... they sure will pay for it if this functions are added. :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
crispy68

Re: 3D ROTATING IMAGE CAROUSEL (FREE)

Post by crispy68 »

New in version 1.0.1:

- Fixed: code conflict with built in WB carousel

If you have already own the extension, simply visit the My Orders page and login to get the update.
bburgess

Re: 3D ROTATING IMAGE CAROUSEL (FREE) - Updated 1/4/21

Post by bburgess »

Can not say it any better then the guys above, Outstanding work and very much appreciated mate!

Thank you!
KISS is the key!
johnwayne

Post by johnwayne »

crispy68 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:09 pm no. it is only horizontal.
In the past, for a project entirely outside of the webbuilder ecosystem (before I knew webbuilder existed), I paid for a drop-in script at codecanyon that was much like yours, but was vertical & horizontal (and each image was hyperlink-able, and the whole thing touch responsive, and the images supporting transparency). I got a chuckle, yes it was to be kind of like a 'price is right' wheel. The use-case was to be a slick looking mobile-only menu geared toward portrait orientation. What would your ballpark fee be to build such (vertical, hyperlink-able images, images support transparency)? I spent a lot of time trying to tweak poor code and money for further development with that other developer - and they never produced a usable result, despite everything I outlined: being listed upfront by the developer as available features of their script. And if it's not a project you desire to take on - that's ok too.

Where I say touch responsive, making sure the page was set to fill and not exceed the mobile portrait display (no content further down the page), the script filling that area, a finger swipe would move the vertical gallery accordingly, and momentum was supported (so a flick would send the carousel spinning quickly continuing after the finger left the screen), and a tap would click the image/hyperlink. On pc, rotating the carousel would be handled by click-hold-drag or mouseover + scrollwheel. The previous developer has this all working perfectly for horizontal, but they didn't have the kinks worked out for vertical despite their claims.

Where I say images supported transparency, the of course rectangular image could be .png so that the graphic within the .png could be any shape, so while the position in the carousel was rectangular, the perception was that the positions were freeform, because background and backside imagery could be seen through the transparent parts of the .png of the front side. Yours may already handle this aspect, or it may have color specified rectangles per carousel's position.

hyperlink-able.. images can have destination when tapped/clicked, yours may already facilitate that.

If i remember correctly, the ultimate failing of that other script's developer was they could not figure out how to change finger swipe recognition from side-to-side to up-and-down. So even in a vertical spinning "menu" the finger swipe still had to be side-to-side which caused visitor confusion in focus group beta testing.
Couldn't upload Avatar - curse you, James Cameron
stevensiegel

Post by stevensiegel »

Dear johnwayne,

I profusely apologize for bothering you with this, but this was the only way I could get a message to anyone in the WYSIWYG forum. I picked you at random.

I just bought WYSIWYG and have questions on its use. I have been absolutely unable to figure out how to submit a post to this forum. I am registered. I've been trying for 2 weeks. Customer service ignores my e-mails. After you read this would you mind e-mailing me and telling me what to click to get a window to open up for a new post? my e-mail is ***email removed***

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve Siegel, new member
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I seriously doubt that your emails to Pablo (Support) have been ignored it is more than likely they have been sent to his spam folder. Please see the following url on how to make a "New" post/ thread.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80193
Before posting see the following
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Steven, It's easy to post something new.
Look at the first picture below. It shows the forum when I first connect to it. You need to check you are logged in (red arrow pointing up on the RH side. If not, you need to log in first.

Then, you neeed to select a forum that you want to post in - I've put a left pointing arrown next to the General Questions forum. Click on that to enter the forum.

Once in that forum, you will see the screen as shown below. Click on 'New topic' as shown by the arrow and start typing. That's it.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Alan isn't what you have posted the same at the following url provided by Pablo himself. Step 5: and Step 6:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80193
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Yes, but with pictures that have context around them
stevensiegel

Post by stevensiegel »

Simple enough solution, although not intuitively obvious to a newbie. With your help I have now posted my real question in the General Forum.

Thank you all.