Using MySQL for sales or blogs on a website.

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
CosmickGold

Using MySQL for sales or blogs on a website.

Post by CosmickGold »

I tried to start by learning WB's Login Tools, but only got "Admin" to work, on one table. Beyond that, it's only error-messages or blank pages. I know the WB Help says to study the subject there FIRST, but I misunderstand too much of what it explains for studying it to work for me. And also, what can be done in WB after logging into MySQL? Do "Login Tools" go far enough beyond logging in? I want websites I build to do things like sponsor blogs, and keep up with things like sales, stock, and customers as sales are made online. But I think maybe WB doesn't have tools for that. (Or I just don't know how to recognize them.)

Anyway, I think I'll shy away from "Login Tools" and instead, write Javascript along with PHP to enable the remote MySQL server to make my pages fully functional. Does anyone know of straightforward tutorials, instructions, or examples for doing exactly that? I'm finding them slowly with Google searches, but if I don't need to "re-invent the wheel", I'd be thrilled to roll around on yours. :P
My contact info: WebViews.us@gmail.com
crispy68

Re: Using MySQL for sales or blogs on a website.

Post by crispy68 »

Based on what you are trying to do and that fact you state you can write javascript and php code, I would look to use something already created that you can incorporate into WB and tweak the code to your liking. There are many scripts (blog, shopping cart, etc) available thru PHPJabbers that work very well with WB. If you buy the developers license, you can tweak the code however you want. Like you said, why re-invent the wheel!
CosmickGold

Post by CosmickGold »

Thanks, crispy68. You've given me a great start!
CosmickGold

Post by CosmickGold »

Due to problems here, I've been practicing the php / MySQL code taught for free at
"https://alexwebdevelop.com/php-with-mysql/"
very successfully creating tables, adding data, reading data, etc.

So I don't understand why I can't get WYSIWYG "Login Tools" and CRUD to work for me since they are on the same hosted server using the same MySQL database.

What I think I need is a way to see what the PHP part is doing. CRUD, for example, is giving me the error message:
WARNING: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/vhosts/www.webviews.us/wb.mysql.crud.php on line 133
By going to Page > Page HTML > Generated HTML, I can see HTML, JS, and PHP for my page, including my login info being entered. But it doesn't show the mentioned "mysqli_num_rows()" label where the problem is supposed to be, nor the mentioned line 133 since it only goes down to line 118 which is </html> (the line which simply means, "The End").

If there is not a way to see the code in action, as described by the error messages, I think I'm going to have to abandon those tools in WYSIWYG Web Builder, and write my own code for those parts so I can see what the error codes mean, and where they mean it.

*bummer* (I mean, giving up on any part of WB is a bummer.)

Tommy Paul
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think you are looking in the wrong file.
The code is in the file: wb.mysql.crud.php

This is most likely a configuration issue in the MYSQL settings.
The MySQL CRUD extension is one of the mote complicated tools, so I suggest you start with a simpler tool first (like the login tools).
Once you have that working, you know that your settings are correct and you can move on to next tool.

Note: you do not have to worry that there are mnjor issues in these tolls because otherwise I would already have known about it (and fixed it)